Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Headstock IPA freshness

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I had some of this same batch the other day, drinking very nicely indeed. An underrated IPA.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

This is my go to Ontario IPA at the moment. The Jan. 14 cans are, as noted, bursting with flavour and aroma. I feel like after batches and batches of tweaking, they've finally dialed this one in. Top notch stuff.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

velovampire wrote:This is my go to Ontario IPA at the moment. The Jan. 14 cans are, as noted, bursting with flavour and aroma. I feel like after batches and batches of tweaking, they've finally dialed this one in. Top notch stuff.
i totally agree. this is a huge hop bomb now, just oozing with hop flavour and IMO it has the biggest, most expressive hop aroma in the province.

it really feels more comfortable in a snifter then a pint glass in its current form

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Had some of their naughty neighbor bottled on jan 20 last night, also packed with great hoppy notes

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

matt7215 wrote: IMO it has the biggest, most expressive hop aroma in the province. it really feels more comfortable in a snifter then a pint glass in its current form
Agree, I had it in a tulip. To me the aroma was much like the almost stale Red Racer I got from the LCBO, which was pretty great.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Nickel Brook really making great strides - now firmly in the top tier of Ontario craft breweries IMO.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm looking forward to them getting the Malevolent and Immortal back in. Those are both great too.