Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hill Farmstead

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

I was there is May, and someone had ripped down there sign from the highway and I ended up getting lost, and went about 40 mins out of my way! It was an adventure. I agree there beer is great! Anyone visiting bring empty growlers and they will fill them up for you, you don't need to by the breweries. They had about 10 -12 different beers on tap, all fantastic, and hard to choose from. Considering the quality of these beers the prices point per growler was great (15$ - 22$). They have bombers in the 8$ - 12$ range. Also a select amount of specialty brews from other breweries, like Mikkeller. I met the owner, he was a interesting dude. The day I got there, a hug amount of people were there to talk to him, and the till was only about 6 people. There was an offer at that time to come in with a garbage bag full of free dandelion heads, for a new brew, and get a free growler fill. Max three a person, a lot of them had yellow past there elbows. Very cool experience. Will lost we got directions from a near by towns general hardware store that had a beer section with more different beers in a space no bigger then a small bedroom. If you are going here it is well worth to hit Rock Art, the Von Trapp Brewery, and the Alchemist.