Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Budweiser to launch 'Black Crown'

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Budweiser to launch 'Black Crown'

Post by spinrsx »

Black Crown's recipe was picked from among six limited-edition beers that were created by Budweiser brewmasters earlier this year. Based on positive consumer feedback, A-B decided to take this formula national.

The new beer, a golden amber lager, is "a little bit darker and a little bit more flavorful" than the traditional Budweiser lager, says McCarthy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-budw ... -ad-2013-1

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I'm glad Budweiser is thinking outside the box here. I was just thinking that they needed a new beer thats not as light as regular Budweiser at 5% and not as strong as Bud Shots at 7%, this is perfect. :roll:

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

The two pretty hammered looking girls in the picture pretty much describes the target market, as does selling it via the superbowl.

These companies are not really competing in the beer business anyway. They are beverage companies, so their competition is soda pop and in some cases pop & booze. In other words, cross tasting with sweet sugary drinks is more appropriate. Perhaps they should try selling this in 36oz paper cups at the local gas station. Call it the "Big Slosh". :o
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i look forward to the tick

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

I may try a bottle if it is at the LCBO. I usually buy local or made by Ontario Craft Brewers.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Swampale wrote:I may try a bottle if it is at the LCBO. I usually buy local or made by Ontario Craft Brewers.

Me too. I hope, though, that when they wax their bombers they'll be easy to get into. Also - I think I like the phrase "wax their bombers".
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

I had a sip of the Bud Light Platinum -- "Strong Light Beer" at 6%. I had it at the London Food & Wine Show and tried to have a conversation with the Bud Light Girl....

Me: How do you make a strong light beer?

BLG: The decided they wanted to try something different.

Me: With a strong light beer, I imagine it pairs well with Jumbo Shrimp?

BLG: Oh definitely. I love jumbo shrimp. Is there any here at the show? :o

(oxymoron flew right past her)

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Frere Ambroise wrote:I had a sip of the Bud Light Platinum -- "Strong Light Beer" at 6%. I had it at the London Food & Wine Show and tried to have a conversation with the Bud Light Girl....

Me: How do you make a strong light beer?

BLG: The decided they wanted to try something different.

Me: With a strong light beer, I imagine it pairs well with Jumbo Shrimp?

BLG: Oh definitely. I love jumbo shrimp. Is there any here at the show? :o

(oxymoron flew right past her)
Have you tried, like, jumbo shrimp lime! It's like, so...

And if you're, like a grown up, they have, like, Bud made from, like, quinoa now, so that, like, if yer old and stuff, you might still get laid.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.