Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Buffalo Beer-Hunting right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

KW1

Post by KW1 »

ercousin wrote:Heading to Buffalo this Saturday. Anything worth seeking out down there right now?
Premier Gourmet only has about 1400 different beer. So it depends on how picky you are. :-?

You'll probably get a few suggestions here, but it seriously depends on what kind of beer you like.

The staff at PG are great at suggestions, just talk to them, tell them what you like and what you are looking for.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ and cheese. Inexpensve, amazing cheese. If you like cheddar you will want the Old Quebec, it's from unpasteurized milk and extremely tasty.
In Beerum Veritas

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

IPAs, stouts, porters, fruit beers, pretty much anything other than sours...

Maybe I should rephrase my question... If you were going to Buffalo this weekend, which beers would you be looking for?

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Seems they have some Nugget Nectar in stock. I'll probably also look for some Ommegang.

Other suggestions?

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Newish arrivals that I've seen:

Lagunitas Sucks
Founders All Day IPA, Imperial Stout, Curmudgeon Old Ale, Breakfast Stout
Ballast Point
Alesmith
Maine Beer Company
Stone's 2013 Old Guadian and the Oak-Smoked Guardian
Captain Lawrence DIPA and Xtra Gold
Great Lakes Alchemy Hour DIPA
Smuttynose Noonan Black IPA
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Cale wrote:Newish arrivals that I've seen:

Lagunitas Sucks
Founders All Day IPA, Imperial Stout, Curmudgeon Old Ale, Breakfast Stout
Ballast Point
Alesmith
Maine Beer Company
Stone's 2013 Old Guadian and the Oak-Smoked Guardian
Captain Lawrence DIPA and Xtra Gold
Great Lakes Alchemy Hour DIPA
Smuttynose Noonan Black IPA
Thanks for the list! Those sound great!

Old Guardian sounds interesting.

They seem to have Lagunitas Sucks on tap so I might fill a growler with that.

KW1

Post by KW1 »

Dogfish head... indian brown, world wide stout, raison d'etre

Flying dog gonzo imperial porter

AleSmith Grand Cru

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

Consumers beverages Niagara Falls, and other locations, check out there website, bring your growlers over and get them filled with some great stuff right now!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

The Consumers on Niagara Falls BLVD north of the 290 still has some bottles of Barrel Aged Old Rasputin.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

cattersley wrote:Consumers beverages Niagara Falls, and other locations, check out there website, bring your growlers over and get them filled with some great stuff right now!
Premier is MUCH better for growlers. Not only is the selection often much better, but they use pressure-fill system that allows the growlers to be fresh for up to 3 months according to them. I've never tested the limits of that claim but they certainly stay fresh longer than a Consumers growler.

ontbeermaker

Post by ontbeermaker »

Saw some twits that stone best by IPA is around in some places in the buffalo area, suppose to be a good one.

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
cattersley wrote:Consumers beverages Niagara Falls, and other locations, check out there website, bring your growlers over and get them filled with some great stuff right now!
Premier is MUCH better for growlers. Not only is the selection often much better, but they use pressure-fill system that allows the growlers to be fresh for up to 3 months according to them. I've never tested the limits of that claim but they certainly stay fresh longer than a Consumers growler.
I didn't no that they did growler fills, havent been there for a while. Thanks for the heads up!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

I was going to head down to NY and go to a store down there that still has stock of last Sept. BCBS but the wife won't budge. Her comprimise is Buffalo.. Has anyone been down in the last few weeks. Is there anything at Premier or Consumers to keep my eyes out for? Looking for limited releases and/or good imperial stouts and ipas. Any help is appreaciated.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

TheBeeraholic wrote:I was going to head down to NY and go to a store down there that still has stock of last Sept. BCBS but the wife won't budge. Her comprimise is Buffalo.. Has anyone been down in the last few weeks. Is there anything at Premier or Consumers to keep my eyes out for? Looking for limited releases and/or good imperial stouts and ipas. Any help is appreaciated.
Does anyone also know how often this is updated? Or if its old?
http://www.premiergourmet.com/beer.html ... pe=325&p=2

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:I was going to head down to NY and go to a store down there that still has stock of last Sept. BCBS but the wife won't budge. Her comprimise is Buffalo.. Has anyone been down in the last few weeks. Is there anything at Premier or Consumers to keep my eyes out for? Looking for limited releases and/or good imperial stouts and ipas. Any help is appreaciated.
Does anyone also know how often this is updated? Or if its old?
http://www.premiergourmet.com/beer.html ... pe=325&p=2
I have found it to be generally up to date.