Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Florida Trip and Brew Haul!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zombi69

Florida Trip and Brew Haul!

Post by zombi69 »

Will be down in the St.Petersburg area as well as some time in Miami at the end of March. Grabbing a tour at Cigar City Brewing and 7th Sun as well. Suggestions on what else to look out for down there?

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

zombi69 wrote:Will be down in the St.Petersburg area as well as some time in Miami at the end of March. Grabbing a tour at Cigar City Brewing and 7th Sun as well. Suggestions on what else to look out for down there?
Peg's Cantina in Gulfport is suppose to be really good.

JasonTremblay

Post by JasonTremblay »

Stop by a Whole Foods -- it's an image of how craft beer should be sold in Ontario grocery stores.

Jason

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

If you are in the Largo area you should drop by "Beer World"

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/5934/?view=beerfly

They had a great selection when I was there in September (Dogfish Head Bitches Brew!).

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Anyone know any good stores/beer bars around Orlando/Disney World area?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I was just in Clearwater/St Petes and rolling oats market and totalwine were solid places for beer. As well as the whole foods in tampa. Bevmo had lots of xmas beers left over at drastically reduced prices. St Bernardus/Delirium xmas 750's for 5 bucks and Cigar City seasonals 750's for 3$. Can't beat that.
Last edited by spinrsx on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

ercousin wrote:Anyone know any good stores/beer bars around Orlando/Disney World area?
Knightly spirits is what I'll be checking out in April, but shouldn't this thread really be merged with this?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

icemachine wrote:
ercousin wrote:Anyone know any good stores/beer bars around Orlando/Disney World area?
Knightly spirits is what I'll be checking out in April, but shouldn't this thread really be merged with this?
Thanks for the link icemachine! I emailed Knightly Spirits for their inventory list like other people did in that thread. Hopefully I can post it to that thread when I get it for others to see.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

I stopped into the Knightly Spirits on Orange Blossom, and it was solid.

For those renting cars at Orlando Airport... if you take the toll highway and get off at Orange Blossom I'm pretty sure that's one of the toll exits that is unstaffed, so you need your change with you. My wife and I nearly had a panic attack scratching to get to 75 cents.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

rejtable wrote:I stopped into the Knightly Spirits on Orange Blossom, and it was solid.

For those renting cars at Orlando Airport... if you take the toll highway and get off at Orange Blossom I'm pretty sure that's one of the toll exits that is unstaffed, so you need your change with you. My wife and I nearly had a panic attack scratching to get to 75 cents.
If you want some fun. Plug in your GPS to get to the rental car outlet without taking a toll road. We had time to kill. We killed it.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

rejtable wrote: I'm pretty sure that's one of the toll exits that is unstaffed, so you need your change with you. My wife and I nearly had a panic attack scratching to get to 75 cents.
me in a VW Tiguan reversing away from the booth (when there was no traffic) because we didn't have the exact change for the toll.

haha! glad I'm not the only one.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

rejtable wrote:I stopped into the Knightly Spirits on Orange Blossom, and it was solid.

when you have a rental car you can just go through the express pass lanes and they add the cost of the toll to your bill, no need to hunt for change

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

matt7215 wrote: when you have a rental car you can just go through the express pass lanes and they add the cost of the toll to your bill, no need to hunt for change
Yes, with a healthy "admin fee" typically tacked on, no? I rented from Dollar, and unless I paid them their insane ransom for that lame transponder, my understanding was the admin fee was something like $25?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

rejtable wrote:
matt7215 wrote: when you have a rental car you can just go through the express pass lanes and they add the cost of the toll to your bill, no need to hunt for change
Yes, with a healthy "admin fee" typically tacked on, no? I rented from Dollar, and unless I paid them their insane ransom for that lame transponder, my understanding was the admin fee was something like $25?
i went with national, the transponder was already in the car, i paid $0.75 for the $0.75 toll, $83 for 6 days

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

rejtable wrote:
Yeah, I remember this annoyance. You want to have the right change and pick the right lane.

Here is the score at Budget:

How much does e-Toll cost?
When Budget e-Toll is accessed even once per rental period, you will be charged the posted cash toll rate, plus a convenience fee of $2.95 US per rental day for the entire length of your rental ($14.75 maximum per month).