Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What's goin on with Brick Brewing?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Timmy

What's goin on with Brick Brewing?

Post by Timmy »

I kinda swore off them since they got rid of Jim and went the buck a beer route. I tried that abysmal IPA and have found that any newer stuff isn't that great. I have still purchased the flag ship Waterloo Dark from time to time out of nostalgia. Recently I have been purchasing the Red Cap as a casual consumption beer.

But I guess I was wondering if they were having a return to some of their former glory right now while the craft beer revolution seems to be in full swing? Anybody have any news?

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Half-assed efforts at different beers and maintaining a no-assed effort with their regular line-up is a lot easier than innovating and adapting.

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

That's a shame.....I had hoped they would get back to the business of beer. I tried that IPA a year or two ago and it was abominable.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Well they renamed themselves to the "Waterloo Brewing Company" that's something I guess....

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

ercousin wrote:Well they renamed themselves to the "Waterloo Brewing Company" that's something I guess....
Not exactly. They're still Brick, and are using that name on the Red Baron and Red Cap brands. But for their more craft-leaning brands, they've started using Waterloo Brewing Company (although I think it still mentions Brick in small print).

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Perhaps they have decided to just fight it out with Cool for dive bar budget swill dominance.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Tapsucker wrote:Perhaps they have decided to just fight it out with Cool for dive bar budget swill dominance.
Hey now, Minhas will have a thing or two to say about that.