Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Founders coming to Ontario

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

liamt07 wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:Could the next frenzy possibly be KBS?!
Keep dreaming.
i hope we get their porter

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

liamt07 wrote:
Keep dreaming.
Some would have said the same about Westy 12 coming of asked a year or two ago. But that being said I was being sarcastic. I guess it just wasn't as evident as Belgian can be sometimes lol. Imperial and Breakfast stout are much more likely.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
liamt07 wrote:
Keep dreaming.
Some would have said the same about Westy 12 coming of asked a year or two ago. But that being said I was being sarcastic. I guess it just wasn't as evident as Belgian can be sometimes lol. Imperial and Breakfast stout are much more likely.
it isn't that crazy an idea. they do send it out through distribution... still, i won't be getting my hopes up.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Woohoo!

Looking forward to the Centennial, obviously, but hopefully some Breakfast Stouts as well!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:Woohoo!

Looking forward to the Centennial, obviously, but hopefully some Breakfast Stouts as well!
Have you had Breakfast Stout Jeff? If not, I can give you a bottle.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

I find it somehow ironic that they very day that I drove all the way from Toronto to Grand Rapids to drink at Founders (and other beer related things) that Founders announces it will no be trying to enter the Ontario market!

I mean, seriously, this thread was posted just about a hour before I entered the tap room! What are the odds? It's fantastic news, of course, because I could only bring back so much. Would love more Red's Rye PA, that really hit the spot.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

groulxsome wrote:I find it somehow ironic that they very day that I drove all the way from Toronto to Grand Rapids to drink at Founders (and other beer related things) that Founders announces it will no be trying to enter the Ontario market!

I mean, seriously, this thread was posted just about a hour before I entered the tap room! What are the odds? It's fantastic news, of course, because I could only bring back so much. Would love more Red's Rye PA, that really hit the spot.
i saw it just after i got back. the Red's Rye was definitely a standout this weekend, and i kept going back to it (and it was the first growler to die when i got home). i'd had it before, but i assume it wasn't fresh as it never made that sort of impression.

pitchers of hopslam at the meanwhile was also pretty damn awesome too :D
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

groulxsome wrote:I find it somehow ironic that they very day that I drove all the way from Toronto to Grand Rapids to drink at Founders (and other beer related things) that Founders announces it will no be trying to enter the Ontario market!
- And I'm just halfway into my first pack of Centennial (not coincidentally - iFounders just became available at Premier Gourmet, along with Alesmith.)

Thanks again @ matt7215 for the breakfast stout a few years back, Founders make a worthy brew. It is all upping the game here!
In Beerum Veritas

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Ahhh, had the Rye on tap at my place last summer - fond memories....