Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

7 Trappists for Charity

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Don't know why some of you felt the need to jump on me over this. The man asked for a valuation and I gave him an honest one notwithstanding it was for charity...it is what the beer was worth...that and no more. As in any charity auction, people are welcome to bid higher than the valuation but one should not exagerate the value. He asked, I answered...and yeah, I wish I could get $40-50 for a Westy 12.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

iguenard wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
iguenard wrote:No thanks Esprit! :), I pay less. This is a charity auction hence the suggestion. Besides, weren't you selling westy at 40-50$ a bottle last year? ;)
My work colleagues and I bought four cases off Peter last year. No where near $50 a bottle. Worked out to $16 a bottle. $480 or something a 24.. Not much more than what the LCBO was selling it for.
I stand corrected then! :)
yeah, Peter's prices for the cases were ridiculously fair. considering that it was going for $50/bottle in some toronto bars, his $15-17/bottle (whatever it was) was not gouging. not in the least.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

esprit wrote:Don't know why some of you felt the need to jump on me over this.
some = ... one?

And he is currently standing corrected.