Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Aquire a St. Bernardus 12?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ercousin

Aquire a St. Bernardus 12?

Post by ercousin »

I'm hosting a beer tasting with a bunch of my friends to taste Westy 12 alongside a few other Trappists. So far I have Rochefort 10, Rochefort 8, Orval, Westmalle Dubbel.

Does anyone know where I could acquire a bottle of St. Bernardus 12 to add to the mix? I've been told it's similar and worth comparing...

Thanks!

Eric

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Easy enough to find in Buffalo, or really any good American liquor store, if you can drive. Otherwise you're stuck trading with someone else who has one.

wookieden

Post by wookieden »

The SAQ has it in, if you know anyone going to Quebec in the near future.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I have a few bottles if you want to trade.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

wow I didn't expect such a great response on this! :) I got a few PMs with people willing to trade bottles so I'll go trough them and hope one of them works out.

The positive and almost instantaneous response I got from this post has convinced me of bartowel's awesomeness! Such an friendly community here :)

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

ya, I've 1/2 a case as well. But I'm probably too far to help out.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

You do know that you can buy Chimay Premiere and Chimay White Cap at the LCBO to expand your Trappist tasting.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Thanks for all the offers/suggestions everyone. A very nice bartoweler helped me out :)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

SAQ is pretty much sold out
wookieden wrote:The SAQ has it in, if you know anyone going to Quebec in the near future.