Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hamilton's The Ship launched Ship's Rations

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zane9

Hamilton's The Ship launched Ship's Rations

Post by zane9 »

(Mods, please move this if need be, as it is not an upcoming event)

Last night, The Ship launched its very own Ship's Rations, a 6.5% abv IPA. Brewed in their on-premises nano-brewery, the 60 litre production sold out quickly. Before I was able to get there, Tate tweeted that it was gone.

Apparently production will continue, which is great news. So happy to see the rising demand in Hamilton for craft beer. The Ship's response, and the planned micro-brewery in Dundas, is truly "a rising tide floats all boats".

More info here: http://theshipsrations.theship.ca/

and here: http://bit.ly/14zFi9u

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I was there last night and it was a full house.

I tried both Ships Rations, 1 and 2. 2 Was the best by far.

I hope to see more from this nano in the near future, and am pleased that such a thing is happening literally a block from where I now live. It is especially pleasing, given that, as of late, the Winking Judge has seriously dropped the ball in terms of what they carry.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I was there too, a packed house. They had a good Amsterdam tap takeover with their 100th beer on tap a little while back. Good place, and the beer was fine too. The dry hopped one was sold out before I got there but I managed to try some that a friend had.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

distr0

Post by distr0 »

i tried to get in (last friday i think it was?) with 4 others and there wasn't a free seat in the house. i think they need to expand or something

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

distr0 wrote:i tried to get in (last friday i think it was?) with 4 others and there wasn't a free seat in the house. i think they need to expand or something
Definitely the main issue many have with the Ship. Some of us have stopped going on Fri & Sat nights unless we can get in there early enough to snag a table. Really looking forward to the warmer weather when opening up the two patios more than doubles the capacity.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I like The Ship a lot, and I think it has gotten to the point where I just expect some bad(no seating) along with the good.
I basically do not expect to get a seat, and if and when I do, I consider myself lucky. I don`t mind standing at the bar, and in fact do a lot of times even when there is a seat.

My only issue would be when the place is rammed to the rafters and even the standing room is not available.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!