Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

SlyFox introduces a beer can with a completely removable top

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

SlyFox introduces a beer can with a completely removable top

Post by spinrsx »

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I discussed this idea with a friend about 6 months ago. I'm suing!
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Now people will just get bigger things stuck in empty cans. :roll:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

There's going to be so many injuries with this design...unless all edges are chamfered and blunted/coated.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Gonna make drinking and driving that much tougher. If you hit a bump while drinking out of that thing your beers gonna end up on your lap.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I like it... though they should have used transparent aluminum. 8)

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

I saw this at the CBC's yesterday...really slick idea.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Does the fox turn blue when the beer is cold enough to taste cold?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I really don't think it's a gimmicky idea. I like it because it does allow you to appreciate the aroma of the beer while drinking from a can, without the need for a glass.

Ideal when you are not at home, as there is no need to bring along a plastic cup, which was why I discussed this idea with a friend last fall. Although the sharp edge of the lid is a potential issue, it's probably something that can be engineered around
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

"Beer hunter" just got a lot more interesting....

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

icemachine wrote:Although the sharp edge of the lid is a potential issue, it's probably something that can be engineered around
Nope, I drank a couple of Sly Fox IPA's in DC and have one in front of me. No problems at all with the lip. I'm sure some moron suffering from a horrible social disorder will rub his tongue on it until it bleeds but they will anyway.

It was created by Crown Packaging for SAB for the World Cup. It is stadium approved so a plastic cup is not necessary. Great package. Much preferable to drinking out of a normal lid or plastic cup.

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Rob Creighton wrote:
icemachine wrote:Although the sharp edge of the lid is a potential issue, it's probably something that can be engineered around
Nope, I drank a couple of Sly Fox IPA's in DC and have one in front of me. No problems at all with the lip. I'm sure some moron suffering from a horrible social disorder will rub his tongue on it until it bleeds but they will anyway.

It was created by Crown Packaging for SAB for the World Cup. It is stadium approved so a plastic cup is not necessary. Great package. Much preferable to drinking out of a normal lid or plastic cup.
Agreed. I don't see this as a huge "innovation" but it's certainly not a gimmick. I think there is some added value to the drinking experience with the wide mouth. The can becomes more like a cup than a beer can.