Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Winter Warmers Promotion: Full Listing

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Coming in mid-November:

Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale
George Gale Prize Old Ale
XO Beer
Unibroue La Terrible
Adnams Suffolk Strong Bitter
Barbar Winter Bok
Leute Bokbier
Rogue Yellow Snow Ale
Cochonnette (Vapeur Cochonne)
Weltenburger Kloster Asam-Bock
Mahr's Brau Wheatbeer

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Ah, there's my Terrible! Asam Bock rocks; Adnams Suffolk Strong is an excellent English ale (if you like those Harviestouns, this should please you); Barbar is a good choice not because I think it's a world beater because it is a unique product in this marketplace...ditto Cochonette. Mahr's - the wheat bock again or just a weizen?

Let's hope the POA is in better condition this time, and that they have at least one inspiring gift pack.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Looking forward to the Prize Old Ale. The few I got last time were fine. :smile:

Andrew

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

So here we have the full list, and it looks pretty fantastic to me. Adnams SSB, Sam Smith's Winter Welcome, Terrible, Asam-Bock and a Rogue. A good Winter looks to be in order...

There's still a surprising lack of traditional Belgian Winter ales. The gift sets will have to do, I guess.

And I'm also looking forward to trying the George Gale Prize Old Ale, the Mahr and the Boks.

Does anyone know what the Cochonnette is BTW? If not, I guess I will find out soon enough.

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

Cochonnette is a belgian strong ale from brasserie de vapeur. I had it at joe's and la brasserie.ca awhile ago and I remember it being decent.

kp

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Wow. That's a very impressive list. This may be my favourite seasonal release yet...

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Yes, Cochonnette is also Vapeur's lightest offering (amongst North American stuff anyway). Hopefully the Saison de Pipaix comes with it, in consignment or Smokeless form. Now that is a killer beer.

Didn't see Traquair House Ale or Jacobite on these lists, but they're coming on consignment, too.

borderline_alcoholic

Ah, I have had Saison de Pipaix before and ISTR enjoying that very much. I am looking forward to giving the Cochonnette a try too. Thanks for the responses.

I am not sure whether I have tried Traquair House Ale, but I am familiar with their Jacobite. Which agent is bringing these in BTW?

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

On 2003-10-22 11:26, borderline_alcoholic wrote:

I am not sure whether I have tried Traquair House Ale, but I am familiar with their Jacobite. Which agent is bringing these in BTW?
I believe Esprit is bringin in the Traquair products. I'll be sending Peter a cheque! :smile:

borderline_alcoholic

You won't be alone.

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

Saison de Pipaix will come ... eventually.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Paul

al

Post by al »

Just wondering if any of the winter warmers have hit the shelves. Checked in Oshawa last night and they had nothing. Also I asked about them while I was there and was told that they would not be available until mid December. Does anybody know anything more?

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I picked up a 7er of George Gale at the LCBO in Dundas a week and a half ago (6 to age, 1 to drink now). The signs were out for the other releases but stock had not yet been received.

Slainte,
Jeff

borderline_alcoholic

WHERE IS MY ADNAMS SSB?!!?!??!???

Hopefully they will make it out before the new year...

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Both the Adnams SSB and Barbar Winter Bok were a bit late arrving (by that I mean that they have been here for a month) which means that the LCBO behemoth is late getting them into the stores but they're expected to start trickling in about a week or so from now.