Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

We've had our scooter stolen

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Mike-KBCo

We've had our scooter stolen

Post by Mike-KBCo »

I'm sad to report that our beloved electric scooter, endearingly nick named “Scooty” by our staff, was stolen from in front of our office (156 Augusta Avenue) between the hours of 2:30pm on Saturday, April the 27th and 9:30am on Monday, April 29th.

Old Scooty wasn’t necessarily the most stylish or trendy mode of transportation. However, for a fledgling beer company with no vehicle, she played a critical role in our growth. She helped us with errands ranging from deliveries and sales calls to line cleanings and after work pints. In fact, you could make an argument that the KBCo was built on the back of her undersized wheels and creaky, faded plastic body.

While we understand the likelihood of finding Scooty in one piece is slim to none, we want to do our best. We are kindly asking for BarTowel's assistance in locating Scooty and returning her to her rightful owners. I would be forever grateful for a few re-tweets or Facebook "shares" to raise the profile of our story. If you see any suspicious activity on Craigslist, Kijiji, or by chance spot Scooty on the streets of Toronto, please contact us immediately.

Details:
Make: Emmo
Colour: Black

Design: two-seater, larger version of an e-bike. Storage under seat and in a rear compartment. Back rest with black cushion designed for two people. Two small pedals under seat. Small plastic windscreen.

Special markings: damage to left side of front fairing (cracks, missing plastic) seen in the picture below. KBCo sticker on rear storage compartment, although that will be doubt be removed. Cushion on back rest is loose, and could be pulled off with little effort. No EMMO logos on the rear-side fairing. Lane change noise indication doesn’t work well – centre return button sticks and audible “beep beep” notification is muffled. Various white scrapes along rear fairing.

And to the moron that stole our scooter: if you should find it in that blackened pit where your heart should be, or in the under utilized space between your ears, to return our Scooter to where she belongs, we will ask no further questions.

To contact us:

mike@kensingtonbrewingcompany.com
@DrinkGoodBeer
Facebook.com/kensingtonbrewingcompany.com
kensingtonbrewingcompany.com
Untappd.com/KensingtonBrewingCompany

BrewNerd

Post by BrewNerd »

is nothing Sacred :(

Best of luck finding it!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Stealing tools is worse than stealing possessions. Will keep an eye out for it.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If I see another one of those putt-putting along Lakeshore Blvd., I'm going to run over it. But not if it's this one.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Much as I love Kensington Market, the late night watch should be patrolled by armored men with flame-throwers and a license to exterminate vermin... there is way too much critter scum attracted to this otherwise great area.
In Beerum Veritas

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

If nothing else "Stolen Scooter Ale" has a nice ring to it...

Sorry about your luck.

BrewNerd

Post by BrewNerd »

Masterplan wrote:If nothing else "Stolen Scooter Ale" has a nice ring to it...

Sorry about your luck.

or "In search of Scooty" would probably make it an ESB.. Being as it really sucks to lose a work tool :S

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

BrewNerd wrote:
Masterplan wrote:If nothing else "Stolen Scooter Ale" has a nice ring to it...

Sorry about your luck.

or "In search of Scooty" would probably make it an ESB.. Being as it really sucks to lose a work tool :S
Scooty-Doo, Where Are You? Mystery Ale
Scoot Around Pale Ale

The Scoots Brown Ale
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Actually, we've already got an idea. Wait, we've already brewed one! Will debut in 2 or 3 weeks.

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

UPDATE:

We've found our Scooter! Thanks for your concern and vigilance...I had more than a few people report a potential sighting over the past few months.

Complete story: http://bit.ly/16JF03c[/u]

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

that's good news! I hope you guys continue to have good luck

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Mike-KBCo wrote:UPDATE:

We've found our Scooter! Thanks for your concern and vigilance...
Congrats on finding your silly e-bike! ;)

So I guess your tribute beer could be called "Scooter Looter Re-Router Ale."
In Beerum Veritas

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

The scooter came back, the very next day (we thought he was a goner) but... the scooter came back, he just couldn't stay away...