Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

CANTILLON LAMBICS

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I'm told that the beers are "on the water" which means that we're looking at 2-3 weeks!

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Orval and Rochefort 10 aboard as well?

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

Is that by any chance for both orders or just one. (the 750 ml bottle order (including the lamvinus) and the 375ml bottles (including the bruceola sp.?). I can hardly wait for these puppies to come home!

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Yipee!!!!!

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Josh, can you remind me what I ordered?

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Great news. Can't wait!

al

Post by al »

Excellent news. Thank you

chico

Post by chico »

Any good news of the shipment of cantillon, the one with vigneronne, st-lamvinus,et grand cru de bruxelles.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The first shipment should be arriving this/next week. The Vigneronne shipment has not left Belgium, primarily because the LCBO took so long to ship the first order. That order sat in Antwerp for several weeks waiting to be consolidated into a container. The brewery does not get paid until the order arrives and is sold to you guys. As a result, the brewery demanded payment for the first order before they would ship the second. Needless to say, at this point they cannot get payment from the LCBO so we're at a stalemate. It appears that, in the future, I'm going to have to pay for the beers up front then wait for the LCBO to pay me as Cantillon doesn't want to play the LCBO game.

Peter/Esprit

peter

Post by peter »

...and who can blame them!

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

On 2004-04-07 12:57, esprit wrote:
The first shipment should be arriving this/next week. The Vigneronne shipment has not left Belgium, primarily because the LCBO took so long to ship the first order. That order sat in Antwerp for several weeks waiting to be consolidated into a container. The brewery does not get paid until the order arrives and is sold to you guys. As a result, the brewery demanded payment for the first order before they would ship the second. Needless to say, at this point they cannot get payment from the LCBO so we're at a stalemate. It appears that, in the future, I'm going to have to pay for the beers up front then wait for the LCBO to pay me as Cantillon doesn't want to play the LCBO game.

Peter/Esprit
So where does that leave us in terms of timing on the second order?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Can't tell at this stage as we're exploring a couple of options with Cantillon.

Peter

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

It is going to take me two years for my lambic to be ready (in the fermenter). I really need something to keep me going in the meantime :smile:.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We're expecting the first shipment any day now.

chico

Post by chico »

News, news, we want news about the first and second shipment of cantillon beers.