Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Keep6 is now importing 3 Fonteinin

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

Any idea of timing from Keep6?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

matt7215 wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
GregClow wrote: Technically, yeah.

I'm not sure if the 750 ml size has a nickname. I've heard them referred to as "wine-style bottles" and "dinner bottles" - and depending on the shape, "champagne-style bottles" - but none as consistently as 650s are called bombers.
Bombers are called bombers because they're roughly double the size of a regular bottle.
thats not why they are called bombers
sorry.
that is why bottles that are larger than 330 mL bottles are commonly refered to as bombers, even though they technically aren't bombers.
better?

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

I've always called 650s "bombers," 750s "dinner bottles," and 500s "pints," even though a 100ml difference arguably doesn't warrant a distinction and 500ml is neither a N. American (473ml) or English (568ml) pint. :lol:

Keeping things on topic, this is obviously great news and it's a safe bet that they'll be cheaper than anywhere else in Canada so I look forward to grabbing a couple of each.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

"Bomber" is an American word that would apply to the US imperial 22oz bottle size, which by chance is almost exactly 650ml.

The metric-sized 750ml is European in origin, no nickname. I think over time the usage 'bomber' will carry over to this 750 size bottle as well since it is similar in appearence to a bomber and people already confuse the two.

This language appropriation happens anyway, like the widespread misuse of the word 'decimate' to mean 'utterly ruin.' Infer for imply. Vertebrae for vertebra. You can't correct people every five minutes, so the language will continue to change.
In Beerum Veritas