Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Stack Brewing - Les Portes de L'Enfer

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

_sloth

Stack Brewing - Les Portes de L'Enfer

Post by _sloth »

Considering the style, it's interesting to see a Bière de Garde being pushed in Growlers.

Nice to see a new Brewery in the North!

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

Haven't tried any of their lineup yet and they're sold out at the brewery. Looking forward to trying all of them soon, especially the bière de garde.

_sloth

Post by _sloth »

I've tried all but the Angry Moose and I think I have to reserve my judgement until I've had them all directly from the brewery.

This one has proven much better from the growler so there could have been issues with the ones I've tried on tap.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Haven't had their Biere de Garde, but I did get a chance to have thier Valley Girl on tap about a week and a half ago when I passed through Sudbury. Went to 3 bars trying to find them and everything else was completely sold out. There were some serious defects in the Valley Girl, but none that couldn't be solved with a little tweaking or more expierence as they get to know their brewing system. I'll reserve judgement until I get to try some of their newer batches as well.

Passed by their retail store as well, but they were closed. I could see from the window that they didn't have their growler system up and going at that point yet, but they did have a lot of good looking merch.

I wish them all the best. It's a bit of a wateland in Northern Ontario, but hopefully that is changing with Lake of the Woods in Kenora and Sleeping Giant in Thunder Bay (really liked the stuff from Sleeping Giant! Lake of the Woods was about a week out of opening when I passed through).

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

Have had most of their beers, the Angry Moose several times. Been some consistency issues but like previously stated, nothing major. Hope everything keeps progressing forward for them
We can get drunker than this!!