Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Loblaws pitchman Dave Nichol dead at 73

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Loblaws pitchman Dave Nichol dead at 73

Post by spinrsx »

Sad news. Brings back old memories when I think of the 'Dave's' beers I drank as a teenager

http://globalnews.ca/news/864565/loblaw ... ead-at-73/

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

His Belgian Blond and Massive Irish were seasonal staples of my student diet!

(discount pseudo-craft from Molson).

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

Dave's IPA!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Maybe he's just pining for the fjords...
In Beerum Veritas

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Memories of Dave.

I loved his efforts at discount beer, especially after he always pitched stuff in a personal way and then could only say that he didn't drink when asked how he felt about his beer. :P
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

I remember the PC Hollander beer. Boy was that bad. I think the only two beers I've ever had worse than that were Michelob Ultra and Sleeman Clear both of which were made as light beers.

I do remember all the Dave N commercials fondly though. He did a lot for Loblaws.

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

He was a great spokesman, and made the Insider Report a phenomena. Does anybody remember the PC/Dave's whatever fruit/beer things? I have memories of drinking them (legally) at the cottage, so I'm probably thinking like 1999/2000. They were malt-based so they could be sold at the beer store. If my memory serves me well, they were fruity......

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

chris_schryer wrote:He was a great spokesman, and made the Insider Report a phenomena. Does anybody remember the PC/Dave's whatever fruit/beer things? I have memories of drinking them (legally) at the cottage, so I'm probably thinking like 1999/2000. They were malt-based so they could be sold at the beer store. If my memory serves me well, they were fruity......
Durango coolers come to mind, but I don't remember who actually made them.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Derang-o was produced at Molson Barrie along with Dave's so it was undoubtably just a label change.