Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

"major initiative" to boost ontario craft beer....

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Still owned and operated by LCBO.
I never thought I'd long for anything resembling the concept of capitalism in this country.
The rich don't get richer here... its the fat getting fatter (swap in dumb for fat as well).

Wait, isn't our premier a Liberal? Ahhhhh..... makes sense. Talking out of all five sides of their crooked mouth, never progressing the province or getting back to the ideals that founded a country/province.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

FEUO wrote:Still owned and operated by LCBO.
I never thought I'd long for anything resembling the concept of capitalism in this country.
The rich don't get richer here... its the fat getting fatter (swap in dumb for fat as well).

Wait, isn't our premier a Liberal? Ahhhhh..... makes sense. Talking out of all five sides of their crooked mouth, never progressing the province or getting back to the ideals that founded a country/province.
What are you talking about? Canada was founded on the idea of exploitation of the land and masses for the benefit of a few

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Compact
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

This is right in line with what I called in 2008 (god was it that long ago?) the LCBO's "just enough" strategy.

http://freeourbeer.org/?p=40

Right in line with the corporate MO. The media reports on "progress" rather than the fact that nothing really changes.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Another point to consider is what does this do to the Wine Rack stores owned by Constellation and Andrew Peller? If the LC's start rolling out in every large grocery that wants them aren't there stores worth less? Constellation is a US corp, they might be able to launch a NAFTA challenge to this
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

icemachine wrote:
FEUO wrote:Still owned and operated by LCBO.

What are you talking about? Canada was founded on the idea of exploitation of the land and masses for the benefit of a few

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Compact
If you want to go back a little further than that, it was founded on the principle of stealing land from the natives.

Stinkin Liberals, abandoning our founding land thefts!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

That said, Ontario was actually founded so the federal government could unload some of their responsibilities. I suppose you could call that an ideal, if you want.