Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brands Overlapping

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zombi69

Brands Overlapping

Post by zombi69 »

Your starting to here this more and more with the enormous growth within the craftbeer industry. Breweries having to change their names/brands due to conflict or overlapping with other's brands. This is just one example..

http://www.formerfuturebrewingcompany.c ... han-later/

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

zombi69 wrote:Your starting to here this more and more with the enormous growth within the craftbeer industry. Breweries having to change their names/brands due to conflict or overlapping with other's brands. This is just one example..

http://www.formerfuturebrewingcompany.c ... han-later/
I read that posting and it was actually refreshing for a change. Usually when I hear these stories the brewery that gets the notice to change their name acts like whiny babies and accuses the brewery that sent the request of not being cool, or not being part of some craft brewers brotherhood. Then they change the name of their beer to some passive-aggressive insult. In this case they realize that it is all just business, do what has to be done and move on.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

I've actually been wondering about "Downtown Brown" as a beer name. If you look it up on ratebeer, there are 45 of them.
saintjohnswort.ca