Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Stone logo

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Mr.X

Stone logo

Post by Mr.X »

I found this humorous. This website has clearly ripped off the Stone logo/font.

http://www.stonesurfaces.ca/

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Mr.X wrote:I found this humorous. This website has clearly ripped off the Stone logo/font.

http://www.stonesurfaces.ca/
The font is called castellar, and it isn't the property of Stone Brewing. It's a common font, and is a sensible choice for a logo in which one would like to evoke the notion of 'stone'. As a company that deals in stone, my guess is that that is what their intention was, rather than to copy the logo of a California-based craft brewery whose products are not available in their market.

But then again, who the hell knows.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X »

perhaps, but they even copied the font sizes between the large S and the rest of the word. A couple years back there was some small cafe in small town U.S. that totally ripped off the steamwhistle logo so kind of behavior isn't unheard of. I suspect the lazy designer of the website in question just googled "stone" and the brewery logo popped up. Pure speculation on my part.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

Stone also has a large E, with "brewing" centered below, and in between the S and E. So they aren't even exactly the same.

The rest of it is what's known as a coincidence - a product of a severe lack of imagination/creativity in both design and branding (on the part of BOTH companies).