Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Storm King is in the house

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

It is true, the arrival of Storm King is nigh upon us. I placed an order for two cases today at the Dundurn LCBO in Hamilton. I was told two weeks to a month. It has been received at the main warehouse in Durham Region. Oh yeah, and a case of London Porter too. Love ya Esprit.

Slainte,
Jeff

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The Stouts and Porters promo is set to start on January 7th but some stores may have the beers out before then. Let's not forget that the release also includes the great Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout as well as the first appearance of St. Peter's Old Style Porter.

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

St Peter's beers are always welcome. :wink:

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Did you guys (Peter & Paul) post a listing of what going to be available in this release? I thought I saw one a while back, but I can't seem to find it now...

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

This is shaping up as one of the best releases in a long time. With Fuller's London Porter (#1 ranked porter on Ratebeer), Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (#2 ranked sweet stout), Victory Storm King (#8 imperial stout in a very crowded field), and the always excellent St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout (#1 ranked stout), stout lovers in Ontario will have a lot to be happy about in January.

I think we would all be happier if the LCBO would model all of their releases on the upcoming one. If we're only going to get a few dozen new beers every year, why can't they be the best?

BTW, will Victory Hop Devil be released again in the spring?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

HopDevil will not be back next year, however, we've just received a shipment of it in Consignment which is being held up by the lab due an alcohol declaration discrepancy but it should be released within the next week or so. Anyone interested in picking up a case should contact me...esprit@primus.ca

Immotius

Post by Immotius »

I'm definitely in (request sent by email as I type.)

I'd like to see this an annual occurrence. I figure I can consume at least a case per month, so it might be possible to reach an economical price-point. Yes -- I am insane.

If anyone else shares my insanity, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise I may go see a doctor :smile: