Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Nice...I still have some BOYD saved up, great beer! Bellwoods definitely does well on the PR front...

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Great Lakes Brewery ‏@GreatLakesBeer 3h
Thursday Sept 18
#GLBretail store
10am #Etobicoke
The return of #THRUSTanIPA cans
#TBW2014 @TorontoBeerWeek

Also, Left Field are doing a single hop series, available on tap around town:

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2014/09 ... pa-series/

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Craig wrote:Great Lakes Brewery ‏@GreatLakesBeer 3h
Thursday Sept 18
#GLBretail store
10am #Etobicoke
The return of #THRUSTanIPA cans
#TBW2014 @TorontoBeerWeek

Also, Left Field are doing a single hop series, available on tap around town:

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2014/09 ... pa-series/
Was there at around 4:30 and looked like the thrust was already down to a few cases Hopefully there was enough for everyone.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Looks like Amsterdam is releasing their Reserve Saison tomorrow at 5pm for $13.50 a bottle. I had it at Funk Night, and it was pretty tasty!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

so no talk about the upcoming skeleton key release and potential BOYD at bellwoods? I just saw this and am pretty pumped that i happen to be in toronto for it this weekend.

i've got my fingers crossed that stopping by the brewery on my way into town early friday afternoon will hopefully be a quick drop in with minimal wait, but i have no idea what to expect given bellwoods' quick rise in popularity.

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/rum-barrels-unlocked/

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

lately, bellwoods releases are still sold for 7-10 days afterwards

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

ckoop wrote:so no talk about the upcoming skeleton key release and potential BOYD at bellwoods? I just saw this and am pretty pumped that i happen to be in toronto for it this weekend.

i've got my fingers crossed that stopping by the brewery on my way into town early friday afternoon will hopefully be a quick drop in with minimal wait, but i have no idea what to expect given bellwoods' quick rise in popularity.

Have there been any hints that the other beer will be BOYD? I was thinking that it might be what they are serving on cask at Cask Days which is listed as Barrel #119 on the Cask Days website and is referred to as a Brett Barrel Aged Sour Ale.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

northyorksammy wrote:lately, bellwoods releases are still sold for 7-10 days afterwards
well that's good to hear. plus, it appears that there are around 2000 bottles of skeleton key if the label is to be believed so that should last a while.

i think my guess about boyd was due to their previous post that they would be releasing it very close to halloween and their hint in the skeleton key post that the other beer was one of their most popular of last year. we'll see...even it it's just skeleton key i'll be happy because it sounds great.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Looking like around $13 a pop for the SK:

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

ckoop wrote:so no talk about the upcoming skeleton key release and potential BOYD at bellwoods? I just saw this and am pretty pumped that i happen to be in toronto for it this weekend.

no BOYD :( I can see why though, releasing one beer is enough of a logistical challenge in a small space, two is a nightmare.

Furthermore, understand that releasing two big beers like this together screws anyone who doesn't make it down in time, not only for one, but two great beers. It's probably for the best.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

rfrf wrote:Looking like around $13 a pop for the SK:
Just when people were complaining how expensive Ontario 750/650mls are, here we have 500mls... but I'm a sucker for Bellwoods. You pay steak prices for Chateaubriand, bitches. :lol:
In Beerum Veritas

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I really like the Bellwoods bottle sizes. They are perfect. The prices don't bother me...

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

instantkamera wrote:

no BOYD :( I can see why though, releasing one beer is enough of a logistical challenge in a small space, two is a nightmare.

Furthermore, understand that releasing two big beers like this together screws anyone who doesn't make it down in time, not only for one, but two great beers. It's probably for the best.
I asked one of the staff last night about BOYD and it wasn't confirmed or denied.. perhaps that hadn't trickled down yet though ;)

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

My wife just picked up for me at bellwoods. No BOYD, as expected.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I just saw barrels sitting out front of bellwoods with BYOD written in chalk on them.

They wouldn't sell it to me :)