Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skootles

Post by skootles »

I was surprised by the high limit as well. In the past they've been fairly strict on limits (a couple releases I can't recall plus the 2014 Motley Cru, which was a limit of 4, come to mind).

I'll be splitting my 8 bottles between 3 people.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Good beer, not sure if was my favorite personal style on draught and I never tried my 2013 bottloons. Dang it, now they've changed it and stuff. OK line up again... I feel like a gosh darn Apple consumer or something here.
In Beerum Veritas

skootles

Post by skootles »

Also on the plus side, with the release of Bring Out Your Dead, that means that those used barrels are going to create a delicious batch of 3 Minutes to Midnight.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

would love to lay my hands on a 2013 BOYD. Anyone miss SK or going to miss this release? would happily oblige.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

For those wondering about how long it took for Skeleton Key to sell out: I was there around 4PM Sunday and picked up a couple bottles. I think it sold out that night.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

skootles wrote:Also on the plus side, with the release of Bring Out Your Dead, that means that those used barrels are going to create a delicious batch of 3 Minutes to Midnight.
I am fairly certain that they already confirmed this in one of their blogs or newsletters.

skootles

Post by skootles »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
skootles wrote:Also on the plus side, with the release of Bring Out Your Dead, that means that those used barrels are going to create a delicious batch of 3 Minutes to Midnight.
I am fairly certain that they already confirmed this in one of their blogs or newsletters.
Yep, just re-iterating.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

line up was tame @ 11. Not sure how it compared to the SK release.

skootles

Post by skootles »

rfrf wrote:line up was tame @ 11. Not sure how it compared to the SK release.
We probably saw each other and didn't even know it.

It was a little shorter than the SK release. The girl at the cash said she was having issues with their internet that caused the line to move a bit slower, but overall it wasn't much of a wait (10-15 tops).

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

I was at Bellwoods on my lunch break around around 2:00ish, and there were 5 people in front of me. No one behind me. The employees were said it was selling slower than SK did, but attributed it to the weather.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I am going sunday, if its there its there

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

Drinking one of the new BOYDs now. It has been awhile since I had last years, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would say this batch is better than the original. A very, very nice beer. Pricey but well worth the money.
Ren

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

There wasn't a hell of a lot of BOYD still available at 11:30 this morning. Might have been 20-25 cases left on the last pallet (confirmed that it was the last one). If you really want and and thought about waiting until tomorrow, you might ant to reconsider.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:There wasn't a hell of a lot of BOYD still available at 11:30 this morning. Might have been 20-25 cases left on the last pallet (confirmed that it was the last one). If you really want and and thought about waiting until tomorrow, you might ant to reconsider.
Yeah. I was there at 11 on the spot and there were 6 people in front of me grabbing between 4 and 8 bottles each. I expect a "sold out" tweet by the end of the night.

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

boney wrote:Yeah. I was there at 11 on the spot and there were 6 people in front of me grabbing between 4 and 8 bottles each. I expect a "sold out" tweet by the end of the night.
I was there a couple minutes before 11, so I was probably one of the people in front of you.