Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I was 4th in line. Jeff mentioned we news BT buttons. Did those ever materialize, Cass?

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Happy they opened early....I can enjoy the rest of the day now...!!

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

Anyone have any idea on the sell-out factor? Ill be there between 1-2, and was hoping to get 4 bottles (qq location).

No shit-show like last year?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

instantkamera wrote:Anyone have any idea on the sell-out factor? Ill be there between 1-2, and was hoping to get 4 bottles (qq location).

No shit-show like last year?
they were down to the last 2 boxes at Leaside at 12ish.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Literally no line at the brewhouse right now and plenty in the fridge.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Sitting at the right side of the bar having a flight if anyone wants to say hi.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

boney wrote:I was 4th in line. Jeff mentioned we news BT buttons. Did those ever materialize, Cass?
Cass had BT buttons at the Sacred Oak event back in September.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

skaghevn wrote:
boney wrote:I was 4th in line. Jeff mentioned we news BT buttons. Did those ever materialize, Cass?
Cass had BT buttons at the Sacred Oak event back in September.
Sweet. Missed sacred oak....and a few events after that. Will have to try for a BT button in the New Year.

skootles

Post by skootles »

We showed up around 5 to 11 and there were only a few people in line inside. Grabbed some double tempest and some more sour cherry imperial stout, and then we went inside for a flight after the brewpub opened.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Ugh. What a time to be broke.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

Craig wrote:Literally no line at the brewhouse right now and plenty in the fridge.
Yeah I was crazy, I pulled in around 2, found street parking just up from the marine police station, like a block away. There still looked to be a fair bit in the fridge, though they said that was it for all locations.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Popped by the brewhouse this morning to see if there was any left.
SOLD OUT sign inside the retail shop.

Not sure about Leaside.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Grandma's Boy goes on sale at Bellwoods today, 11am, $13 a bottle. Much less fanfare (at least on here) for this, so i'm sure they'll last a bit longer than BOYD or SK.

Details: http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/grannys-pride-and-joy/

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

rfrf wrote:Grandma's Boy goes on sale at Bellwoods today, 11am, $13 a bottle. Much less fanfare (at least on here) for this, so i'm sure they'll last a bit longer than BOYD or SK.

Details: http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/grannys-pride-and-joy/
I can't believe this sold out before the weekend. I know these guys are still learning, but come on! The last two releases should have been a wake up call. I really hope they start lowering the limits severely because it sucks that they basically encourage hoarding with 6-8 bottle limits on their limited run beers. Push it down to 3-4 to allow more people a shot at trying these beers! I think 3-4 is a decent amount as it allows you to try one now and age/share/trade a couple. Oh well, that's one less stop to make tomorrow.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

6-8 bottles isn't hoarding, I have a bunch of trading partners on all three of these releases I only got one bottle to drink and the rest is spoken for. My best advice is get a TO trading partner to guarantee a bottle or two.