Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

they sold out in about 30 minutes. showed up at 9:30, first there. about 40 people behind when they opened the doors. it'll be in the LCBO mid/end of feb.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

rfrf wrote:they sold out in about 30 minutes. showed up at 9:30, first there. about 40 people behind when they opened the doors. it'll be in the LCBO mid/end of feb.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Bellwoods just released Monogamy Simcoe today.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I've always been curious to try this one...

Troy Burtch ‏@troyBurtch 36m36 minutes ago
This just went into the #GLBretail fridge! Sweet Zombie Jesus! (Peanut Butter Milk Stout) $9.95 only 60 bottles!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Craig wrote:I've always been curious to try this one...

This just went into the #GLBretail fridge! Sweet Zombie Jesus! (Peanut Butter Milk Stout) $9.95 only 60 bottles!
Sounds sacrilicious.

GreatCop

Post by GreatCop »

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this at the GLB/Amsterdam tap takeover at Barhop last year......mind you, I already dies for a good Reese peanut butter cup or two, so I might be biased.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I'm sure it's gone by now...but hopefully pops up on tap. I had the DuClaw "Sweet Baby Jesus" beer last weekend and loved it. That one is a chocolate peanut butter porter compared to the GLB milk stout style.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I've only ever seen it on tap at festivals or other beer events so I always missed out on it because the guy I normally go to (and taste drinks from) those with is allergic to peanuts. Some day I'll get to try it. Some day.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

That's the thing about this novelty of peanut butter beers. For me, I find it sticks to the roof of my mouth.

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

El Pinguino wrote:

I'm sure it's gone by now...but hopefully pops up on tap. I had the DuClaw "Sweet Baby Jesus" beer last weekend and loved it. That one is a chocolate peanut butter porter compared to the GLB milk stout style.
I hope Sweet Zombie Jesus comes back again ( hopefully it won't take several thousand years ). My wonderful in-laws often grab me a random beer selection on their US travels. I think they get a kick out of pick out the oddest sounding beer they can find. Sweet Baby Jesus was in the last haul. I'd never heard of it and had my doubts but right away upon opening it I realized I was in for a treat. I would love to have something liike it available locally. I don't think it could ever become a mainstay in my fridge but it would certainly be an occasional visitor.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Les Trois Mousquetaires are releasing Oud Bruin. It should be in Gatineau stores "soon". Probably next week or the week after.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Boy, it's been ages since we've seen Unicorn around, hasn't it? Anyone feel like going there and wasting their 2 bottle allotment on me? Pretty please?

Great Lakes Brewery ‏@GreatLakesBeer 1h1 hour ago
New #GLB beer alert!!
#UnicornAleGLB 650ml bottles
American Barley Wine
8.8% 100ibu
2 btl limit
$9.95
Good for aging

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Bounty Hunter is out now...wont be any left when I get there on Sunday I suppose...
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

mgmoney wrote:Bounty Hunter is out now...wont be any left when I get there on Sunday I suppose...
I think you'll be fine..

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

mgmoney wrote:Bounty Hunter is out now...wont be any left when I get there on Sunday I suppose...
This is a semi-regular release, I really don't think it's in that high demand. This is, what, the 3rd time in under a year that it's been bottled?