Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skootles

Post by skootles »

cheechonaleash wrote: Sounds Interesting. Label looks like 3996 bottles. Is that what everyone else is seeing too?
Looks a bit like 3956 to me but either way, that's a decent amount.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

If anyone is picking some of those up and doesn't want their full allotment, I would be super appreciative if you could snag some for me. I'm open to reasonable compensation.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I would love to see the expression of guys from Motley Crue actually trying this Bellwoods brew. Fuck that would be a funny YouTube clip, maybe go viral.
In Beerum Veritas

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

I"ll be down there Sunday, I was there yesterday and missed out on Cat Lady, Monogomy Citra and Gotham..not a happy camper...came aay with Witchshark and Lost River and somw Wizard Wolf...Hoping some Motley will be left on Sunday but know this is highly doubtful
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

If it's really 3000 bottles, I'd be shocked if it sold out by Sunday even with the 8 bottle limit. I think the other releases last about 4-5 days with a thursday release day, same limit, and smaller bottle count and according to the bellwoods guys most people don't buy the max, so hopefully it lasts.

i really don't want to make a special trip on saturday, but i know that it's either that or won't get it if i wait until i'm in the city in a couple weeks.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Craig wrote:If anyone is picking some of those up and doesn't want their full allotment, I would be super appreciative if you could snag some for me. I'm open to reasonable compensation.
I'm not interested in the beer (kept a bottle of last years MC but haven't tried it yet) but can go to Bellwoods to pick up some for you.

My full eight bottle limit would be up for grabs if there's interest.
lister

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

lister wrote:
Craig wrote:If anyone is picking some of those up and doesn't want their full allotment, I would be super appreciative if you could snag some for me. I'm open to reasonable compensation.
I'm not interested in the beer (kept a bottle of last years MC but haven't tried it yet) but can go to Bellwoods to pick up some for you.

I would happily take all 8 bottles. Thanks for offering.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

ckoop wrote:If it's really 3000 bottles, I'd be shocked if it sold out by Sunday even with the 8 bottle limit. I think the other releases last about 4-5 days with a thursday release day, same limit, and smaller bottle count and according to the bellwoods guys most people don't buy the max, so hopefully it lasts.

i really don't want to make a special trip on saturday, but i know that it's either that or won't get it if i wait until i'm in the city in a couple weeks.
The Motley release sold out in 5 hours last year, granted with fewer bottles available. It seems to be a higher profile release.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Has anyone drank some of their 2014 stock of motley lately? Just wondering how it is progressing in the bottle, I still have 2 downstairs in my cellar, I think.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Craig wrote:
ckoop wrote:If it's really 3000 bottles, I'd be shocked if it sold out by Sunday even with the 8 bottle limit. I think the other releases last about 4-5 days with a thursday release day, same limit, and smaller bottle count and according to the bellwoods guys most people don't buy the max, so hopefully it lasts.

The Motley release sold out in 5 hours last year, granted with fewer bottles available. It seems to be a higher profile release.
3000 fewer bottles, i'll take the over on it lasting the weekend...either that or there are tonne of people that are trading the beer away and maxing out the bottle limit.

skootles

Post by skootles »

ercousin wrote:Has anyone drank some of their 2014 stock of motley lately? Just wondering how it is progressing in the bottle, I still have 2 downstairs in my cellar, I think.
I'll be cracking my last one on Motley Day, I'm interested to see how it's changed too.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Craig wrote:
lister wrote:

I would happily take all 8 bottles. Thanks for offering.
Cool, no problem.
lister

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

If anybody else isn't buying their full allotment lmk. If I can save a drive down to Bellwoods on a Saturday night I'm happy.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Just curious, as I read that the bottles are 500ml. Was last years also 500ml? I wasn't able to get any last year, but did in 2013 and it was a 750ml bottle.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

sofakingdrunk wrote:Just curious, as I read that the bottles are 500ml. Was last years also 500ml? I wasn't able to get any last year, but did in 2013 and it was a 750ml bottle.
Last year was 500 ml.