Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

iguenard wrote: Thats exactly what a hipster would say. Also, hipsters are the new hippies. Except none of the sex, and a vertical migration of the hair.
i'm more preppie than hipster, but hey, i'll take what i can get.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote: We must have both been there at the Bar Towel Pub Crawl in 2010. Stinky catbox aromas with unsettling earthy-sulfur notes. Why are smelly places supported to be cool?
Thirsty and Miserable.
For When You'Re Looking To Combine Seafood Aromas With Craft Beer

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Nickel Brook Brewing @NickelBrookBeer · 19h 19 hours ago
Saturday Apr.11 only, you'll be able to purchase our Continental Drift. $3/can limited to 4cans/person. #nickelbrook

Has anyone tried this Belgian Pale Ale from NB? Can't say that I have, but I'll be in Burlington this weekend and may stop by to grab some.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

walz22 wrote:Nickel Brook Brewing @NickelBrookBeer · 19h 19 hours ago
Saturday Apr.11 only, you'll be able to purchase our Continental Drift. $3/can limited to 4cans/person. #nickelbrook

Has anyone tried this Belgian Pale Ale from NB? Can't say that I have, but I'll be in Burlington this weekend and may stop by to grab some.
I've had it on tap. Big Belgian-y flavours, so if you're into that pick up your limit.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
walz22 wrote:Nickel Brook Brewing @NickelBrookBeer · 19h 19 hours ago

I've had it on tap. Big Belgian-y flavours, so if you're into that pick up your limit.
Sounds good to me, and the price seems alright too. Thanks!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

atomeyes wrote:
Belgian wrote: We must have both been there at the Bar Towel Pub Crawl in 2010. Stinky catbox aromas with unsettling earthy-sulfur notes. Why are smelly places supposed to be cool?
Thirsty and Miserable.
For When You'Re Looking To Combine Seafood Aromas With Craft Beer
Never noticed that! ;) And I never noticed the sharply funky smell inside either, which is near the back, I stay near the front.

There is something evil that lurks in there...
In Beerum Veritas

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

GLB's Thrust returns in cans and bottles at the retail shop this Friday. Bottles in the LCBO next week.

They make a lot of great IPAs and this one's my favourite, just ahead of Lake Effect.

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

Is thrust meant for hop heads or are the hops noticeably muted?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

beerguykw wrote:Is thrust meant for hop heads or are the hops noticeably muted?
It is meant for hop heads.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Noticed Bellwoods has a Monogamy in the bottle shop, according to the web-site. Didn't see a twitter post. Anyone know the hops used in this one?

Thanks.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Coronaeus wrote:Noticed Bellwoods has a Monogamy in the bottle shop, according to the web-site. Didn't see a twitter post. Anyone know the hops used in this one?

Thanks.
Walked by today, and looks like Centennial.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

nickelass wrote:
Coronaeus wrote:Noticed Bellwoods has a Monogamy in the bottle shop, according to the web-site. Didn't see a twitter post. Anyone know the hops used in this one?

Thanks.
Walked by today, and looks like Centennial.
Cheers! Thanks.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ah cool...I'll have to swing by to grab a Monogamy.
I've enjoyed sampling the single hop beers to see how I enjoy/dont enjoy the different hop profiles...haven't had the Centennial yet.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

wondering how the Centennial single hop will be from bellwoods...anything like Founders Centennial and im a huge fan
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

mgmoney wrote:wondering how the Centennial single hop will be from bellwoods...anything like Founders Centennial and im a huge fan
Identical in every respect. Haha, no it's an APA and I bet you a lighter overall profile, but tasty at a RB mean score 3.82 out of 5. I do miss Founders, it held a decent hop profile for a while.
In Beerum Veritas