Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Craig wrote:This is on tap at Barhop right now. Anyone tried it?
I tried it Monday night there. A lot more on the tart/sour side, peach isn't too strong but this was my third fruit beer of the night, taste buds might've been mangled. A lot more emphasis on the Berliner Weisse style than the fruit. I really enjoyed it, worth another glass if I am back within the next week. A very different flavour from the much sweeter Oast Konnichiwa, which is the peach beer all over the place right now.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Craig wrote:I doubt I'll get to try this one, but it's nice to see an Ontario brewer taking on the style:

Stone City Ales ‏@StoneCityAles Aug 28
It's here. Peach, Don't Kill My Vibe is available on draft and in our tap room!

(It's a peach Berliner Weisse)
Perfect in every way!
saintjohnswort.ca

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

LTM Porter Baltique Edition Speciale bourbon and brandy barrel aged is shipping now and will be in Gatineau on Thursday.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Broue Ha Ha has a ton of the LTM Porter Baltique edition speciale. The St-Ambroise RIS is on shelves now too.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Not in Ontario (yet) but the new Stone enjoy by 'black' ipa out in the states now.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Four Winds Nectarous just released for anyone with trade connections on the West coast.

nickw

Post by nickw »

BakaGaijin wrote:Four Winds Nectarous just released for anyone with trade connections on the West coast.
This appeared in a package from a pal in Vancouver last fall/winter sometime and it blew me away. Was my first beer at this past Cask Days for a reason.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

nickw wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:Four Winds Nectarous just released for anyone with trade connections on the West coast.
This appeared in a package from a pal in Vancouver last fall/winter sometime and it blew me away. Was my first beer at this past Cask Days for a reason.
Was my top want at Cask Days and it was all gone before I even got inside :(

Got some coming my way in a trade though :)

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

BakaGaijin wrote:
nickw wrote:
Was my top want at Cask Days and it was all gone before I even got inside :(

Got some coming my way in a trade though :)
Have another coming my way this week.. so I can open the one from the last release now :D

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

rfrf wrote: Have another coming my way this week.. so I can open the one from the last release now :D
Would think that this should be drank fresh as it's dry-hopped and kettle soured. Should only fall off with age. Would be interested to hear how they compare side-by-side.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

BakaGaijin wrote:
rfrf wrote: Have another coming my way this week.. so I can open the one from the last release now :D
Would think that this should be drank fresh as it's dry-hopped and kettle soured. Should only fall off with age. Would be interested to hear how they compare side-by-side.
I'm sure it'll be OK

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

It will still be good. Had one last week.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

sprague11 wrote:It will still be good. Had one last week.
Have you had it fresh, and if so, was there much difference?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Never had it fresh. That will be rectified soon
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Now at the SAQ:

Chouffe N'Ice Bière Extra-Forte
Bière brune de type Ale, 330 ml
BELGIQUE

PRODUCTEUR Brasserie d'Achouffe SA