Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

#goandpicksomeupformebro ?
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

The Karma Citra "limited release" has a 2 case limit ..

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

rfrf wrote:The Karma Citra "limited release" has a 2 case limit ..
A reply to a comment on their Facebook page says there are less than 2000 cans available. Plan to arrive early if you want some Karma Citra, I know I will be doing that.

I guess that answers this question - http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=9773

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

jp_jkl wrote:
A reply to a comment on their Facebook page says there are less than 2000 cans available. Plan to arrive early if you want some Karma Citra, I know I will be doing that.

I guess that answers this question - http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=9773
Haha, limited release and two case limits don't really belong in the same sentence.

They're just creating a false supply and demand issue by not putting a reasonable limit to this. They know that the last several canned ipa releases have sold out in a day, day and half with two case limits. So rather than do the sensible thing and lower the limits so that the product can last a little longer, they keep it the same to create the idea that you need to line up or else you'll miss out. Just sounds like they care more about the buzz of being able to announce that their ipas sell out in a day rather than caring whether a lot of different people can get their product.

It's a good beer for sure, just not something I would ever line up for (but I also wouldn't line up for pretty much any ipa or iipa, so there's that too)

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

Bellwoods Paper Tiger coming tomorrow. Draft only. "#easilycrushable"

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

jp_jkl wrote:

It's now down to 1000 cans, 1 case limit. The rest is going to bars.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Beyond The Pale Dark Night coffee stout w/ Bridgehead out today at the brewery. I bought 4, but yikes, $9/per...they're making Beau's one-offs seem like a bargain.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Who needs 2 cases? Seriously?

Like I'd want to have all I bought drunk within 3 months to make sure it's fresh. However, I also don't want to drink the same beer everyday.

48 tall boys seems a little much.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

mahcinesquad wrote:Who needs 2 cases? Seriously?

Like I'd want to have all I bought drunk within 3 months to make sure it's fresh. However, I also don't want to drink the same beer everyday.

48 tall boys seems a little much.
I don't need 48, but I could see splitting 2 cases between 3 guys and not wanting to send everyone to the brewery to get it. I tend to send other people to pick stuff up for me at Great Lakes, since I haven't got a car.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

I wouldn't keep a beer like this around for more than a month if I could help it. 2 months and for sure things will be starting to fade.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

ercousin wrote:I wouldn't keep a beer like this around for more than a month if I could help it. 2 months and for sure things will be starting to fade.
I was being generous with the 3 months. Trying to reason why anyone would need 48.

But I guess Craig makes a valid point that people could be picking up for multiple people.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

mahcinesquad wrote:
ercousin wrote:I wouldn't keep a beer like this around for more than a month if I could help it. 2 months and for sure things will be starting to fade.
I was being generous with the 3 months. Trying to reason why anyone would need 48.

But I guess Craig makes a valid point that people could be picking up for multiple people.
It's a valid use case, but there's no way to police it. I think a 1 case limit makes sense, even if it doesn't really help me out any.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I popped in to Barhop to try one of these after work. This batch of Karma Citra is very good. Better than the last one.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

They apparently changed the limit to 1 case now.
FYI For anyone who was planning to stock up or buy for friends.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

mahcinesquad wrote:

I went when they released Thrust for the second time (to much bigger fan fare) last June. There were plenty of people buying two cases. I picked up 1 case myself, but it was too much for me to get through in hindsight.

It was interesting to see an IPA change in taste and colour as I drank it over the course of 2 months. The same thing happened to me when I bought a case of Heady Topper while visiting Vermont, but I still wish I had bought more of that.