Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Im hoping youre right instantkamera...I missed both previous releases, mosrtly due to sloth...lol...and mostly due to not being a big IMPY STOUT guy until last couple of months
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Witchshark was supposed to be released....but apparently did not hold up to the Witchshark flavour profile and will be released as another DIPA. Phantom Limb out now as well.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

BakaGaijin wrote:Witchshark was supposed to be released....but apparently did not hold up to the Witchshark flavour profile and will be released as another DIPA. Phantom Limb out now as well.
I have never been a huge fan of WS, so I'm curious as to how different the profile is. Boogie Monster, on the other hand, is awesome.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

I love Boogie Monster...yeah curious to see what this batch of (not?) Witchshark tastes like..Phantom Limb in bottles? Only had on tap to date...
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ugh, not a fan of phantom limb...do enjoy Witchshark, but prefer Wizard Wolf, Roman Candle....and, perhaps Boogie Monster (I'll have to try thsi again, haven't had in a long time).

The new DIPA is pretty rough, lots of resiny taste...not bad, not a beer to seek out if you're not near the brewery though.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

instantkamera wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:Witchshark was supposed to be released....but apparently did not hold up to the Witchshark flavour profile and will be released as another DIPA. Phantom Limb out now as well.
I have never been a huge fan of WS, so I'm curious as to how different the profile is. Boogie Monster, on the other hand, is awesome.
They used a different malt I am told.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

El Pinguino wrote:Ugh, not a fan of phantom limb...do enjoy Witchshark, but prefer Wizard Wolf, Roman Candle....and, perhaps Boogie Monster (I'll have to try thsi again, haven't had in a long time).

The new DIPA is pretty rough, lots of resiny taste...not bad, not a beer to seek out if you're not near the brewery though.
Is this un-witchshark the bottle in the shop with the generic label?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ Bellwoods Shark Jumper Dubious IPA
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

cheechonaleash wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:Ugh, not a fan of phantom limb...do enjoy Witchshark, but prefer Wizard Wolf, Roman Candle....and, perhaps Boogie Monster (I'll have to try thsi again, haven't had in a long time).

Yep

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

El Pinguino wrote:
cheechonaleash wrote:

Yep
Thanks. I now see they are calling it Trials and Tribulations DIPA.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Great Lakes Brewery ‏@GreatLakesBeer 23m23 minutes ago
Wax dipping #TheLastVestigesOfWinter Belgian Style Strong Spiced Winter Warmer!

$9.95 in the #GLBretail store.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Robohop is in the GLB retail store today. They have 5800 bottles. Lots.

Also Karma Citra. Both are in or almost in the LCBO right now too. It's a happy hoppy weekend.

Bar_Hop

Post by Bar_Hop »

GLB x Bar Hop Hanlan's Point (Coconut Coffee Porter) is in the GLB retail store right now!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

from sawdusts twitter:

sawdustcitybeer ‏@sawdustcitybeer

Howdy Y'all, Twin Pine IIPA available in our retail store tomorrow, the 6th. 473ml cans & growlers. Peep da label!

walz22

Post by walz22 »

From Nickel Brook's Facebook page, their delicious Malevolent Black IIPA is back in their retail store now for a limited release.