Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Hopefully I can get a few bottles...BTW Cat Lady IPA is delicious ...finished my last bottle, what was in that Amarillo?
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

mgmoney wrote:Hopefully I can get a few bottles...BTW Cat Lady IPA is delicious ...finished my last bottle, what was in that Amarillo?
One thing I do like about Bellwoods is how the present info on each of their beers on their website. Here is the page for Cat Lady:

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/product/cat-lady/

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Awesome thanks for the info...I was off big time on hop profile
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

For the Ottawa folks, this sounds like a chance to pick up a pretty special bottle:

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2015/04 ... n-eisbock/

Kichesippi did a run of 360 bottles of an eisbock to celebrate their 5th anniversary.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/barn-owl-takes-flight-2/

Friday 8th May - 11am - 8 bottle limit

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

rfrf wrote:http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/barn-owl-takes-flight-2/

Friday 8th May - 11am - 8 bottle limit
Barn Owl sour brett ale aged for 12-18 months in barrels with ginger, apricot, and cranberry sounds pretty tasty.
In Beerum Veritas

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

Belgian wrote:Barn Owl sour brett ale aged for 12-18 months in barrels with ginger, apricot, and cranberry sounds pretty tasty.
Yes it certainly does.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

no line at bellwoods as of 11:50am - sure to be plenty of bottles into the evening

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

rfrf wrote:no line at bellwoods as of 11:50am - sure to be plenty of bottles into the evening
Ditto at 12:45.

skootles

Post by skootles »

A bit of a ways away now, but it looks like Bellwoods' next batch of Lambda will see a Fall release.

I recently cracked a bottle from their last release and it was gooooooood. Will definitely be picking up several of 'em when the time comes.
Last edited by skootles on Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Coronaeus wrote:
rfrf wrote:no line at bellwoods as of 11:50am - sure to be plenty of bottles into the evening
Ditto at 12:45.
I went yesterday (Monday) around 11am and they still had some bottles left - look to be sold out now, though.

skootles

Post by skootles »

The Bellwoods newsletter today mentioned that Omerta is going to be brewed mid-month (for a July release), but still no mention of the rum barrel-aged version with tropical fruits that they talked about in a blog post ~9 months ago:
With a recent batch of Omertá, an idea stirred. Brewed as per usual, fermented, and dry-hopped with tons of orange peel, hibiscus flowers, and Centennial, we transferred it into rum barrels mid summer. We’ll be adding coconut and pineapple (and perhaps a few other tropical fruits), and letting it age just a bit further to become a delicious Jamaican-style rum punch concoction. This one will be released late September or early October.
They missed that release date and I've been looking forward to it ever since.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Might as well put this here to continue the discussion from the "3 minutes to midnight" thread: http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/no-shut-eye/

With only ~1000 bottles being released, I sure hope this is still around by the time I get down there after work on Friday!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

walz22 wrote:Might as well put this here to continue the discussion from the "3 minutes to midnight" thread: http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/no-shut-eye/

With only ~1000 bottles being released, I sure hope this is still around by the time I get down there after work on Friday!
Interesting I have a bottle from the original release, sounds like this extra aged version may be quite different.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

El Pinguino wrote: Interesting I have a bottle from the original release, sounds like this extra aged version may be quite different.
Sounds like someone I should invite over for a vertical tasting :)