Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Omerta is back in the Bellwoods bottle shop for anyone who enjoyed that last year.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Additionally, they just announced that Bellwoods would be releasing another barrel-aged beer in July with a riddle:
July's release has been aging for the duration of a year, and it hails from barrels that once held a spirit many people fear! Expect this one to hit the retail store on July 17th.
I presume this is Warp and Weft aged in Tequila barrels. Not a bad beer at all.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

People fear tequila?? Haha...you may be right there...although the Chardonnay W&W was substantially better IMO, so I hope its' something else.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

El Pinguino wrote:People fear tequila?? Haha...you may be right there...although the Chardonnay W&W was substantially better IMO, so I hope its' something else.
Tequila is lovely stuff, it's the following morning I feel more green than Kermit. Why do people drink this shit?
In Beerum Veritas

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Farmageddon #8 out tomorrow @11 - 4pp.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Loved that beer, but will not be jumping on this one so quickly. If it sells out, it sells out.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Belgian wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:People fear tequila?? Haha...you may be right there...although the Chardonnay W&W was substantially better IMO, so I hope its' something else.
Tequila is lovely stuff, it's the following morning I feel more green than Kermit. Why do people drink this shit?
Of course one should drink the pure agave stuff, well-made and without adjuncts, yeah course I knew that when I posted… 8)
In Beerum Veritas

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

GLB released another Project X beer yesterday. Bourbon Barrel Porter. Still had some left this afternoon.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

I tried Farmageddon #8 last night. It was a very tasty brew. "Vinous" is one of the first words to come to mind. The brett flavour had softened and had elements of peach. A pleasant level of sourness and tart that was present but not overwhelming. Quite balanced. I liked it, although not as much as the Barn Owl.

$10 per bottle with a 4 bottle/person limit. They haven't publicized this at all other than adding it to the list of items available at the bottle shop, so I don't think one has to fall over themselves to get it.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/over-and-under/

Warp and Weft confirmed for next week

one of the few bellwoods brews i never tried, will definitely be grabbing this.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

BakaGaijin wrote:GLB released another Project X beer yesterday. Bourbon Barrel Porter. Still had some left this afternoon.
is this significantly different than Harry Porter BA?
Reliable Beer Critic

skootles

Post by skootles »

napoleon wrote:They haven't publicized this at all other than adding it to the list of items available at the bottle shop, so I don't think one has to fall over themselves to get it.
They did post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
jeremyg wrote:one of the few bellwoods brews i never tried, will definitely be grabbing this.
I honestly wasn't a huge fan of either Warp & Weft or Weft & Warp when they were released but damn do they age well. Had a Weft & Warp (that's the Chardonnay one) on New Years and it was amazing. Will definitely be grabbing some for myself for the future.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Really cool to see Bellwood's is listening to bottle release feedback and addressing it head on with this release. They are correct that you can't make everyone happy, but lowering the limit to 4 on a 2000 bottle release seems like the perfect amount to me to get this release to last more than a day or two. The demand for their beer only continues to rise so I won't be surprised to see this still sell out in one weekend, but at least this should theoretically get into more people's hands (but honestly, I'll be shocked if it doesn't last longer than 3 days, didn't motley last until monday morning with 1000 more bottles but a 8 bottle limit with lines all day saturday?). Another example of why these guys are head and shoulders above the rest of the brewers in Ontario, no other brewer has this type of dedication to quality, communication, and customer service.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I'm hoping it will last until the Monday as it will be my only chance to get over there.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

talon_d wrote:I'm hoping it will last until the Monday as it will be my only chance to get over there.
don't want to be debbie downer but i don't think that'll happen