Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

MetalHead wrote: I think it may also have to do with the lack of knowledge and exeperience drinking craft beer of a lot of the population. When you're stuck with molbatts etc.. anything crafty is an improvment.
I think this is a very important point. Also even very good craft breweries need some more accessible beers. Let someone taste what a well-made pilsner or lager tastes like and maybe they'll transition from the Molbatts (I like this term) swill they're used to. Then maybe they'll explore the world of IPA's, stouts, etc. Someone who only knows Bud Light and Labatt's is probably not going to be wild about an IPA the first time they try it.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Karma Citra returns to the GLB bottle shop tomorrow at 10am.

Still doing the 2 case limit. Hopefully that means there's a large quantity available.

nickw

Post by nickw »

jeremyg wrote:only had a few Rainhard beers and they were all good, but nothing really stuck out to me aside from the imperial stout, whatever it's called.
I'm drinking the imperial stout right now on tap (at Tequila Bookworm -- $5 for 15oz til 5pm) and it doesn't have a name. It's really impressing me. Would love to get this in some bottles sometime.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

I think the only imperial stout he has released was "Hearts Collide"

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

nickw wrote:
jeremyg wrote:only had a few Rainhard beers and they were all good, but nothing really stuck out to me aside from the imperial stout, whatever it's called.
I'm drinking the imperial stout right now on tap (at Tequila Bookworm -- $5 for 15oz til 5pm) and it doesn't have a name. It's really impressing me. Would love to get this in some bottles sometime.
With all of the mixed reviews that I have heard so far, the one constant seems to be that people love the imperial stout. I have yet to try that one myself, so I can't comment on it.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

If anyone is willing to part with some Karma Citra from tomorrows release drop me a line.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

ScienceKiller

Post by ScienceKiller »

sprague11 wrote:If anyone is willing to part with some Karma Citra from tomorrows release drop me a line.
Just as a heads up it was released today, not tomorrow.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Even worse!
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

ScienceKiller wrote:
sprague11 wrote:If anyone is willing to part with some Karma Citra from tomorrows release drop me a line.
Just as a heads up it was released today, not tomorrow.
Just a heads up, it was released yesterday, not today. :P

Their Twitter is saying they had 10 cases left around midday today (Saturday) so it didn't sell out as quickly as it did in January when cans were released without an LCBO bomber release.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Great Lakes Beer CDN ‏@GreatLakesBeer 2h2 hours ago
#GLBretail Fridge UPDATE

650ml bottles of Sweet Zombie Jesus Peanut Butter Milk Stout now available! Limited. $6.95

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Left Field Brewery ‏@LFBrewery 19h19 hours ago Left Field Brewery
Excited to announce that our first September call-up, Grandstand hoppy wheat is now available in the Bottle Shop!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I doubt I'll get to try this one, but it's nice to see an Ontario brewer taking on the style:

Stone City Ales ‏@StoneCityAles Aug 28
It's here. Peach, Don't Kill My Vibe is available on draft and in our tap room!

(It's a peach Berliner Weisse)

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Craig wrote:Peach, Don't Kill My Vibe
Sounds yummy, and nice hip hop reference (Kendrick Lamar). Shame I won't be able to get out there.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Craig wrote:I doubt I'll get to try this one, but it's nice to see an Ontario brewer taking on the style:

Stone City Ales ‏@StoneCityAles Aug 28
It's here. Peach, Don't Kill My Vibe is available on draft and in our tap room!

(It's a peach Berliner Weisse)
Hope it's better than Muskoka's Peach Kolsch (yes I know, different styles) because that was some weak sauce on the peach side of things.

My favourite peach beer right now is Oast's Peach Ale only available at Momofuko. I was hoping Oast's more widely available Konichiwa was close but I didn't really care for it.
lister

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Napalm Frog wrote:
Craig wrote:Peach, Don't Kill My Vibe
Sounds yummy, and nice hip hop reference (Kendrick Lamar). Shame I won't be able to get out there.
This is on tap at Barhop right now. Anyone tried it?