Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New non-LCBO/TBS beer releases

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Eli wrote:Besides the Lamba and fresh Cat Lady, Bellwoods finally released earlier this week the second bottling of their dubbel Toil & Trouble. Picked up two byt haven't tried it yet. It's been in the bottle for a few months now from what I heard.
The Brettal Head is out now too.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

liar - its lots of bottles here

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

A barrel-aged, brett, dry-hopped, champagne I(I)PA? Okie dokie.

So it's spent 2 months fermenting after it got dry-hopped?

Uh, do we cellar this?

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Chance of this being around when I return end of May = zero.
I could go for 2 bottles if anyone else is only picking up 2 for themselves.

Happy to buy you a couple of pints somewhere upon my return, for your time and temporary storage.

Shoot me a PM if anyone is able.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

squeaky wrote:Isn't the Malevolent usually very expensive? Like 10-15 bucks a bottle? I wonder if, or by how much, they'll adjust the price point in the cans.

If it were priced like a regular beer instead of a premium beer I would drink that all the time.
Well it is a premium beer since it's a seasonal imperial IPA, but yeah $12 for a 750 last year was rediculous, but that's Ontario for you where I think breweries grab prices from a dart board and hope they can sell. I'm assuming this will be 473 ml cans like headstock, headstock's 2.85 a can, so I'm hoping for a more reasonable 4 to 4.50 for the malevolent. If it's 6 a can, then I may just give up on buying stuff in canada since I recently discovered the very good uinta dubhe imperial black IPA for like 10-12 a 4 pack in the states.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Lamba - still plenty of 500mls to go around for 2-3 weeks' time, apparently.

Farmageddon - has such a particular woody dryness from the barrels, but lots of other interesting dry-acidic flavors as well - I'm ambivalent with this one which only makes me want to go try it again. *- now tap only / not in bottles - *

The Farmhouse Classic afterward is an anticlimax being simpler and fuller, not as wine-like tart and complex, again my yes/no ambivalence about freaky Farmageddon. Damn!
In Beerum Veritas

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

In NB's retail store now. Now only if they could revamp Headstock and NN graphics to bring them in line with this... No word on price.
https://www.facebook.com/NickelBrookBre ... =1&theater

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

velovampire wrote:In NB's retail store now. Now only if they could revamp Headstock and NN graphics to bring them in line with this... No word on price.
just grabbed some. $4.50 a can, which i feel is pretty fair for Canada. Cheaper per oz than it was last year at least.

Other breweries please take note, last year I bought a total of 4 750ml bottles for $12 bucks each a couple of growlers. This year I already spent $75 on the more usable cans and will definitely be buying more as half my haul is to give to friends who've never tried it. oh look at that, i can introduce more people to your beers by having a smaller format, hmmm....

oh and immodest is next due out in cans the next week or so. wow, i don't feel so bad about whiffing on kbs yesterday now.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

ckoop wrote:
velovampire wrote:In NB's retail store now. Now only if they could revamp Headstock and NN graphics to bring them in line with this... No word on price.
just grabbed some. $4.50 a can, which i feel is pretty fair for Canada. Cheaper per oz than it was last year at least.

Other breweries please take note, last year I bought a total of 4 750ml bottles for $12 bucks each a couple of growlers. This year I already spent $75 on the more usable cans and will definitely be buying more as half my haul is to give to friends who've never tried it. oh look at that, i can introduce more people to your beers by having a smaller format, hmmm....

oh and immodest is next due out in cans the next week or so. wow, i don't feel so bad about whiffing on kbs yesterday now.
Excellent, all of this.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Any BTs in line for Motley Cru right now?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

ercousin wrote:Any BTs in line for Motley Cru right now?
Was. Now in the bar.
lister

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

ercousin wrote:Any BTs in line for Motley Cru right now?
I assume you missed their announcement that they weren't opening until noon.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

Didn't see the responses until now. Would have been nice to meet some BTers, ohh well.

I was in line for 11:30ish and there were 30 people ahead of me.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I missed my stop at Ossington station and got off at Dufferin. Arrived at Bellwoods at 12:09 and I figure that delay likely cost me between 10 and 20 spots in line! Took me about an hour in line to get to the front. It wasn't too bad really considering. Would be faster for cash only, but at $12 a bottle that's a decent chunk of cash so many people (like me) were paying credit/debit.