Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Glen Howard just called me!! (for the Beer Store)

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jprime

Glen Howard just called me!! (for the Beer Store)

Post by jprime »

I just got a call to participate in a Beer Store town hall with: U.S. and Canadian law enforcement, advocates against drunk driving , and beer store worker reps. They want to talk about safety in the community, impaired driving, sales to minors, crime and public safety in regards to the potential sales of beer, wine and hard liquor at places other than the beer store. (grocery, convenience stores). Anyone else get one of these calls. They definitely don't want to hear what I have to say!!!!

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

Got one last week. :(

Yeah, they don't want to hear what I have to say. i.e., running scared about losing sales to the convenience stores. What ticked me off most was the subtle way it's all framed as a government entity. Keep that going, TBS. Ugh.

If only most people knew.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

I wonder if the Cambridge focus is a controlled reaction to the documentary that has been filming here about beer distribution in Ontario? I enjoyed offering my thoughts in that one

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

If you use Twitter, search the Beer Store. They are really running scared. Texas Cops tweet how wonderful our Beer Store operates. I have never seen such Bull in all my life. The Beer Store is acting like parents to small children. Taking our hands and keeping us all safe from those bad Convenience stores who want to sell beer just like the rest of the planet does.
TaxFreeBeerTastesBetter