Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Gold Medal 7am Bars?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Gold Medal 7am Bars?

Post by Cass »

So who's heard of any good beer bars that are opening up for 7am on Sunday?

Mill Street Brew Pub tweeted:
You asked, the boys won, we're delivering! Open this Sunday at 7am for #teamcanada hockey! Get your reservations now!!!!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Another one - Boots 'n Bourbon via Twitter:
See ya at 6:30am Sunday y'all. WE ARE OPEN for the big #GoldMedalGame kitchen will be pumping out breaky

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

The Loose Moose will be open.

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Tequila Bookworm tweeted that they'd be open and serving $5 Ontario Craft beer throughout the game.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Was at Loose Moose for the semi's!! Wooooooooooo!!!!

I tweeted Bar Hop, C'est What, Tequila Bookwoom and Wvrst. Tequila responded favouritely. LM is in. No idea about BH, CW or W yet.
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

ritzkiss wrote:Tequila Bookworm tweeted that they'd be open and serving $5 Ontario Craft beer throughout the game.
As much as I love the atmosphere of LM, I'm highly tempted of TB. Upstairs isn't the best as past experience at a Eyesore Cinema bad movie event meant trips downstairs for beers. I'm not sure what they mean by back area for game viewing. Tweeted for clarification.
lister

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

More openings...

Bier Markt King & Portland
Gold Medal #Beer Brunch: OPEN 7am SUNDAY. BIG screen. Serving CDN beers @SteamWhistle @amsterdambeer @SpearheadBeer @BeausBrewhouse #Toronto
The Rebel House
t's official, we open at 6:30 in the AM for Sundays game against the Swedes. Bruce will be cooking yer bacon and Guy will hosing you down.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

And Tallboys...
we open at 6. Call us and make reservation. Spots going quick!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Lucky you guys. In BC the game is on at 4am and even though some bars have gotten permission to open they will not be serving any alcohol. Not that I'd need to drink at 4am to watch a game but the option to have a celebratory one would have been nice!
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Jon Walker wrote:Lucky you guys. In BC the game is on at 4am and even though some bars have gotten permission to open they will not be serving any alcohol. Not that I'd need to drink at 4am to watch a game but the option to have a celebratory one would have been nice!
The only way I would make a 4 am start time would be to maintain the whole night through. I'd need the beers.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I could roll out of my house and go here...
Ferro WILL be open this Sunday at 7am for the MENS CANADA VS SWEDEN GOLD MEDAL MATCH... Ok, i'll quit yelling, already. Just excited!! Come!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Jon Walker wrote:Lucky you guys. In BC the game is on at 4am and even though some bars have gotten permission to open they will not be serving any alcohol. Not that I'd need to drink at 4am to watch a game but the option to have a celebratory one would have been nice!
It sucks for us at EST but it really sucks for you guys out further west. A noon EST start like the previous games would have worked fairly well for everyone. :evil:
lister

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Dock Ellis is going to be open bright and early. And yes, the taps will be open.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Also the Pilot & Sneaky Dee's opening.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Monarch Tavern will be open.

Who knows when we'll get another chance to order a drink at 7am AND watch #TeamCanada bring home the gold? So let's do this! See you Sunday!
lister