Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rodenbach Keg Coupler?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

A
Bar Fly

Rodenbach Keg Coupler?

Post by A »

I see the Beer Store is actually selling Rodenbach kegs for a not too bad price, but no one seems to know what kind of coupler is needed. Its a slider so it's probably Type A but it might actually be Type M which is more expensive and significantly less useful (ie. hardly anything uses Type M)

Does anyone know?

Cheers

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

appears to be type M based on a few minutes on the googles. one person mentioned trying an A and it "kinda sorta" fitting, which someone else said most definitely means it's an M.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Yeah, saw that, but I'm not considering it conclusive :) . The Beer Store says its "like Steam Whistle" which is Type A, but the level of expertise on the other end of the phone line seems lacking. I'm not even sure if you could test it at the store without actually tapping the keg, since the slider part is identical.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Always chug Rodenbach directly from a hole in the keg. A screwdriver to punch the hole will do fine.
In Beerum Veritas

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Yeah, but then I'd lose my deposit :D

I see bar hop still has it on draft - I might need to wander over for a glass and ask them.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

A wrote:Yeah, but then I'd lose my deposit :D

I see bar hop still has it on draft - I might need to wander over for a glass and ask them.
bring a stack o'cash. it isn't cheap.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

I have one. Lemme know if you want to borrow it.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Thanks Mike. I'm going to trust the Beer Store that it's an A coupler and buy one because I'm sure I will use that again, but if it turns out an M coupler is needed I will graciously take you up on the offer!

Cheers

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Well it turns out an A coupler is the right one after all. Rodenbach on tap!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

A wrote:Well it turns out an A coupler is the right one after all. Rodenbach on tap!
^ "Oh- yeah... ohh! Who's drinking? Greg, didja hear that?"

In Beerum Veritas