Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

RIP Hunahpu’s Day – Will Go In Distribution Next Year

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

It's sad to see this nice little hobby I once had being polluted as craft beer gains more and more "fans".

I wish these people would stick to Coors Light.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

JerCraigs wrote:I gave it a 3.4/5. So much hype.
I thought the same thing. And the barrel aged variants weren't all that amazing either. Give me a BBA Peche over them any day.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

liamt07 wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:I gave it a 3.4/5. So much hype.
I thought the same thing. And the barrel aged variants weren't all that amazing either. Give me a BBA Peche over them any day.
To each his own. I loved Huna the two times I have tried it. Never been lucky enough to try and BA versions though.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I thought it was good but not as good as I had expected. Not something I would trade hard for.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

wouldn't they make a great deal more money by making more of it and issuing it year round? why don't they just do that?

I mean, I realize Craft Beer is not all about money, but it is partially about money.
saintjohnswort.ca

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

saints_gambit wrote:wouldn't they make a great deal more money by making more of it and issuing it year round? why don't they just do that?

I mean, I realize Craft Beer is not all about money, but it is partially about money.
It's hard to say without looking at the books, but I'm guessing that the time and storage required are such that their margins aren't good enough to justify it. Like making 5 bucks a bottle is good and all, but if it takes you 2 years to get that 5 bucks vs 2 weeks to get 50 cents from a pale ale...

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Anyone going to the ultimate beer gong show this year? On sale today.

http://darklordday.com/golden-tickets/

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

squeaky wrote:
saints_gambit wrote:wouldn't they make a great deal more money by making more of it and issuing it year round? why don't they just do that?

It's hard to say without looking at the books, but I'm guessing that the time and storage required are such that their margins aren't good enough to justify it. Like making 5 bucks a bottle is good and all, but if it takes you 2 years to get that 5 bucks vs 2 weeks to get 50 cents from a pale ale...
Regular Hunahpu's isn't barrel aged or anything, so they could turn it around fairly quickly. Not quite pale ale fast, but a couple of months rather than years.

I imagine its more to keep up the massive hype it has.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Cass wrote:Anyone going to the ultimate beer gong show this year? On sale today.

Still trying, although probably pointless now.

What a dumb way to do this. Just make it a damn lottery.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Cass wrote:Anyone going to the ultimate beer gong show this year? On sale today.

yes! this is worthy of a first post on this site, just got group b tickets!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

ckoop wrote:

yes! this is worthy of a first post on this site, just got group b tickets!
Yup, Group C.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

You guys refresh or just trust that queue nonsense?

Anyone know of any ways around the ticket policy? Don't really feel like meeting up with some random and getting Dahmered.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:You guys refresh or just trust that queue nonsense?

Anyone know of any ways around the ticket policy? Don't really feel like meeting up with some random and getting Dahmered.
I had two windows going one in queue from abour 12:44 and one refreshed from 12:58 on. The 12:44 window went through.

No idea, first time going. They're sending tickets via FEDEX so I dont think duplicating would be easy... and I read they wont change name on purchased tickets.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Yeah, just trusted the queue. Loaded the site at 10 to 1est and got taken to the purchase screen at about 1:08

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Eh, I trusted the queue and got royally shafted. Good times.