Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

QUESTION : Rules re - minors in pub / bars in ONT

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

schomberger

QUESTION : Rules re - minors in pub / bars in ONT

Post by schomberger »

I had lunch with my teenager at C'est What? and there were families with younger children there at the time,
so I'm generally wondering, what are the rules for bringing minors inside pubs in Ontario, and more specifically, can I do this for Sat dinner at BAR HOP?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I think it's the bar's discretion to set their own house rules.

I know from the events that I organize that they do not need to be 19+ for admission, just 19+ to drink.

A bar owner may want to chime in, but I think it's up to them what they want to do regarding admitting minors. But the law says it's OK.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

My two year old has pretty much been to every beer bar in the city as well as a few events. I think my wife even changed her in the very back of volo one afternoon. Never late at night and we were always mindful of the management's need to run a good business.

If you're smart about it there's no reason why you cant take the family anywhere for a lunch or dinner.

Cest what is great for kids...lots of space , board games, fish aquarium...my sons love going there.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

schomberger

Post by schomberger »

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot I'd also been to BARVOLO with my teen, so i don't imagine BARHOP would be any different. My plan is to do dinner there Sat prior to seeing RAIN.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

My family has been welcomed warmly many times at Volo.