Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Anyone Going to Dark Lord?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cveerman

Anyone Going to Dark Lord?

Post by cveerman »

What are you bringing?

Where are you staying?

How are you getting to the festival?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Yes sir.
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster,
3 min drive. Probably cab or walk it.

I'm going to bring a few local imp stouts/barrel aged stouts. Double Tempest, Hellwoods, Kentucky Bastard. A KBS and BCBS or two.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Yes sir.
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster,
3 min drive. Probably cab or walk it.

I'm going to bring a few local imp stouts/barrel aged stouts. Double Tempest, Hellwoods, Kentucky Bastard. A KBS and BCBS or two.
yeah, hamtpon is totally walkable, and generally if you're milling around out front there's someone you can catch a ride with. ditto getting back to the hotel.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Love the hampton but it was fully booked. I'm going to Uber it up for $50 from the city.

I'm going to bring a bunch of nickelbrook, bellwoods, indie ale house, ddc, tdd...

Lets meet up for some 'waiting in line' beers!

[/quote]

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The one time I went we stayed in Chicago and cabbed it and it was totally fine. I'm sure staying in the Hampton would be a hoot but so was hitting up the spots in Chi!

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

More specifically, if you stay in Chicago you can take a cab back for a reasonable price, but finding a cab driver willing to drive from Chicago down to Munster will be an exercise in futility - take the train.

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Last time I was at FFF, I called an uber to help with my bottle haul to the hampton inn. Love Uber.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Yes, I'm in group b. staying in Chicago now since I found some cheap flights from buffalo. No idea what I'm bringing, probably a growler from oast and nicklebrook.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

ckoop wrote:Yes, I'm in group b. staying in Chicago now since I found some cheap flights from buffalo. No idea what I'm bringing, probably a growler from oast and nicklebrook.
How much was the flight. Considering this as well.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
How much was the flight. Considering this as well.
$360 total for two seats. Merica!

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Great event and really well run from what I hear previous years were like. We got there from Chicago at 8am, got in line and slowly started sharing. People around us seemed to really enjoy my Canadian non-whales as the malevolent, immodest and 5 paddles disappeared quickly. I was sort of dreading a whole 12 hour day there since our bus didn't leave until 7, but the day flew thanks to generous sharers in every line I was in.

The line to buy dark lord took a relaxing 45 minutes and once inside it was easy to grab your allocation. The dark matter coffee line was poorly planned and I didn't bother to grab extra regular floyds since my luggage would be maxed out anyway. Guest beer lines got out of hand as the day went so I missed so good stuff, but I can't complain with the rest of the stuff I got to taste.

Overall, I think this day is day is what you make of it. If you go prepared to be friendly and share stuff it seems to come back on you. Oh plus I won the bvdl so that competed a perfect day.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

I may go next year. Tried to land a ticket this year and got shut out.
Heard about the GA tix later and will go that route if needed.
Not that interested in the DL beer and just want to go share, have some guest taps, and hang with good people.

And how is it that the Hampton is already booked for next year?
Crazy.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

FEUO wrote:And how is it that the Hampton is already booked for next year?
I'd check back again as the event nears again. be willing to bet many people booked a room on the off chance of getting tickets, and anyone who gets shut out will cancel their reservations. So ticket day is probably a good second chance at the hotel room.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/