Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Craft Brewers Conference 2014 - Roll Call & Discussion

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Craft Brewers Conference 2014 - Roll Call & Discussion

Post by Cass »

CBC 2014 is coming up in just over a week in Denver, Colorado.

Who's going this year?

First of two preview articles now live - where to drink in Denver:

http://www.bartowel.com/craft-brewers-c ... -colorado/

LeftFieldMandie

Post by LeftFieldMandie »

Mark and I are heading down on Tuesday morning. A tough decision, but we'll be skipping the Welcome Reception in favour of a Rockies Game @ Coors Field.

Very handy blog post and map. Looking forward to 2/2 as I already have my seminar schedule all planned-out and want to see if your post will inspire any big changes :D

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

Unfortunately I'm out this year (heading off on a two week vacation to S.American in a month) but Brock, Dave and Kyle will be attending. I'm extremely jealous.

Have fun everyone!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Mike-KBCo wrote:Unfortunately I'm out this year (heading off on a two week vacation to S.American in a month)
Not to derail the topic of CBC...

Whereabouts in SA? I'm in Ecuador until early May, then back to Peru. Have uncovered more than 20 new breweries/brewpubs here since last visiting at the end of 2012, things are getting interesting....sadly 9/10 are still uninspired. A lot of new stuff going on in Peru these days too.

Mike-KBCo

Post by Mike-KBCo »

El Pinguino wrote:
Mike-KBCo wrote:Unfortunately I'm out this year (heading off on a two week vacation to S.American in a month)

Whereabouts in SA? I'm in Ecuador until early May, then back to Peru. Have uncovered more than 20 new breweries/brewpubs here since last visiting at the end of 2012, things are getting interesting....sadly 9/10 are still uninspired. A lot of new stuff going on in Peru these days too.

Well isn't that convenient! I'll be in Peru mid to late May. Send me a message here, I'd love to get your suggestions. Cheers!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

A new event I didn't have in the article, Breck & Sweetwater collab on the 9th:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

LeftFieldMandie wrote:Mark and I are heading down on Tuesday morning. A tough decision, but we'll be skipping the Welcome Reception in favour of a Rockies Game @ Coors Field.

Very handy blog post and map. Looking forward to 2/2 as I already have my seminar schedule all planned-out and want to see if your post will inspire any big changes :D
Thanks Mandie, glad you liked it! Will be working on the picks this weekend :)

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

See ya there!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Updated original post with links to three events Falling Rock is doing - style nights for saisons, sours & barrels.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Some other events here and there during the week:

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2 ... erence.php

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Any Orange Whip events Cass?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Barrel aged brett Orange Whip night on Friday. Should be amazing.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

El Pinguino wrote:

You mean its not just Cusquena any more?

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

A wrote:
You mean its not just Cusquena any more?
I'll drop you a note Mike....perhaps we'll cross paths in Peru, once I know my plans.

A - some good beer options in both Cusco and Lima. Will be sure to report back after I get there ;)

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

enjoy the chicha to wash down the cuy :-)
ImageImage