Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Jeppe and Mikkell

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Jeppe and Mikkell

Post by phirleh »

Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Wow. I've never investigated Mikkeller's and didn't know anything about it. Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I knew they were both Danish, but had no idea they were brothers until I read that article a few days ago.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Not a big fan of either's work. I'd say I've had 1 good beer from each (ET Imp Bis Break, and Mik/FFF Risgoop). Beyond that, meh.
This article makes me even less of a fan. Grow up.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

FEUO wrote:Not a big fan of either's work. I'd say I've had 1 good beer from each (ET Imp Bis Break, and Mik/FFF Risgoop). Beyond that, meh.
They both excel in their high gravity beers, but don't spend the money on the bottles, just grab them when you see them on draught. And I feel like the feud is almost a gimmick.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

liamt07 wrote:
FEUO wrote:Not a big fan of either's work. I'd say I've had 1 good beer from each (ET Imp Bis Break, and Mik/FFF Risgoop). Beyond that, meh.
They both excel in their high gravity beers, but don't spend the money on the bottles, just grab them when you see them on draught. And I feel like the feud is almost a gimmick.
Good point about the gimmick.
Didn't one of them mention the Gallagher idiots from Oasis?
Oi vey.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

FEUO wrote: Good point about the gimmick.
Didn't one of them mention the Gallagher idiots from Oasis?
Oi vey.
Well at least they brew better beer than those whiners "sing". :roll:

I did have occasion to be at a Mikeller tap takeover in San Jose a couple years back. I was disappointing that there was nothing under 9% ABV. Even the samplers were killing us and we didn't get to try enough beers. I'd say some were ok, but the flavours were hiding behind the booze, so it was hard to tell.

It kind of reminded me of the early days in US craft brewing were there seemed to be all this high gravity bravado going on v.s. sophistication. I always assumed that was because so many college dorm brewers entered the business.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

JK

Post by JK »

Kinda cool that buddy is wearing a Bellwoods shirt.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Regardless of what you might think of the beer and/or the brothers themselves - I think we can probably all agree that this was one of the best articles related to craft beer to appear in a mainstream publication in recent memory, if not ever.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

GregClow wrote:...I think we can probably all agree that this was one of the best articles related to craft beer to appear in a mainstream publication in recent memory, if not ever.
Completely agree, Greg. None of the usual bs about "how craft has grown golly gee and the big guys are taking notice blah blah." Craft beer has become the "new normal".