Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

TBS "Kids" Ad

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

TBS "Kids" Ad

Post by Cass »

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Sometimes I wonder if TBS is actually angling to create a new business for themselves and start up a TheCigaretteStore monopoly.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

From some of the blowback I have seen to this ad and the previous propaganda, this is likely going to be a good thing. The TBS was lucky to fly under the radar for a long time with the general public assuming they were government owned. The more they open their mouths the more people learn and grow to resent them. For their sake they should fire their PR firm, for ours, they should create a massive campaign!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Does that mean that the big three are going to stop selling beer in QC? Y'know to protect the kids.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Every week this is in front of the public, awareness builds about the foreign ownership and slightly more of the public turn against The Beer Store. All the OCSA has to do is keep them dancing until the Liberal government falls.

On another note, today is the first time I've ever seen people call for a boycott of The Beer Store.
saintjohnswort.ca

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

saints_gambit wrote:Every week this is in front of the public, awareness builds about the foreign ownership and slightly more of the public turn against The Beer Store. All the OCSA has to do is keep them dancing until the Liberal government falls.

On another note, today is the first time I've ever seen people call for a boycott of The Beer Store.
Somebody should do a parody video where a kid goes in their store to buy a coors ballcap and gets carded...
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kinda wish that some of our microbrewers could get some air time to talk about the ludicrous, self-serving cost of shelf space at TBS, or the amount of dust on cases of Iron Duke...

cattersley

Post by cattersley »