Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Numbers

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Numbers

Post by Tapsucker »

Here is an interesting report on the US beer industry:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... er/360583/

Two take aways:

1. Good for Lagunitas!

2. It's either a typo (likely given the spelling in US media) or a bad ethnic slur, but they refer to one of Corona's ad campaigns targeting Hispanics as "Find Your Beech". :o
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

Eli

Post by Eli »

I lived in Mexico for 22 years. Most people I know down there never drink Corona unless it's the only thing available. My ex girlfriend's dad also worked at a now closed Grupo Modelo brewery and it was always amusing to talk to how about how much of the Corona production was for exports. In this case it is really all just about the marketing.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

Eli wrote:I lived in Mexico for 22 years. Most people I know down there never drink Corona unless it's the only thing available. My ex girlfriend's dad also worked at a now closed Grupo Modelo brewery and it was always amusing to talk to how about how much of the Corona production was for exports. In this case it is really all just about the marketing.
Sounds like Corona is to Mexico what Foster's is to Australia. Stella Artois might be the same to Belgium. In the UK and elsewhere it is closely identified with Belgium but it doesn't seem too common there.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Eli wrote:I lived in Mexico for 22 years. Most people I know down there never drink Corona unless it's the only thing available. My ex girlfriend's dad also worked at a now closed Grupo Modelo brewery and it was always amusing to talk to how about how much of the Corona production was for exports. In this case it is really all just about the marketing.
Do you mean to say they drink some other beer, or they don't drink beer? I find that, in cities, the locals drink Indio, but in beach towns everyone is drinking Corona (or Sol, if you are making that distinction).