Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

1. Give your lager a golf name 2. Profit

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sstackho
Bar Fly

1. Give your lager a golf name 2. Profit

Post by sstackho »

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Kudos to him for finding a great share of the market!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Read that today. I can't wait to not drink it.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Awesome! Another pale lager!!!!! :-?

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

robinvboyer wrote:Awesome! Another pale lager!!!!! :-?
Someone forward this to the 100 Mile Lager guys.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Oh geez, am i in for it now?

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Screw this guy and his crap beer.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Screw this guy and his crap beer.
That can apply to so many of these pale lagers.

I wont judge the golfer beer (or the 100 mile) unless i get a chance to try it, but i have absolutely no intention of seeking either of them out.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I wouldn't seek it out but if it is available at a course I am at and I want a beer I will try it.

I really don't see why anyone would be upset about this. A local entrepreneur might make a few bucks, the folks at Great Lakes are doing alright brewing it for him and if it turns a few macro drinkers on to something that wasn't mass produced then it is a good thing. What's the problem? It isn't taking anything away from the good beer that is available. It adds an option that is probably nothing but gimmick but if a Blue drinker gives it a try no one loses ( except Labbatts and that's OK )

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

toweringpine wrote:I wouldn't seek it out but if it is available at a course I am at and I want a beer I will try it.

I really don't see why anyone would be upset about this. A local entrepreneur might make a few bucks, the folks at Great Lakes are doing alright brewing it for him and if it turns a few macro drinkers on to something that wasn't mass produced then it is a good thing. What's the problem? It isn't taking anything away from the good beer that is available. It adds an option that is probably nothing but gimmick but if a Blue drinker gives it a try no one loses ( except Labbatts and that's OK )
I don't get the hate either. So people will have something other than a macro option on the golf course, who cares?

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

I wasn't trying to specifically hate on this guy. I was just commenting on a market already saturated by boring pale lagers. I do agree with you guys though,iff it gets a guy away from labatt or molson on a golf course, it's a job well done. But seriously.....did we need another pale lager? Why not a nice vienna, or dunkler? But then again, it probably wouldnt attract as many eyes if it was one of those styles. I get it.....

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Frankly I'm shocked no one has done it before!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

stupid is as stupid does.

hey, if some guy made millions off of putting a felt face and googly eyes on a rock, then who do we laugh at? him, or the dummies who handed over money for that?

let the idiots drink that bathwater and let's curse ourselves for not being the first to come up with that idea and profit from it.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I love this community but one of the things I have always found strange is some people's anger about a beer or brewery solely because it exists.

No "we" don't need another lager but I don't think we ( ie beer wonks) are necessarily the target audience. The beer is designed to be sold after a game of golf. A pale lager seems perfectly reasonable in that setting.

The anger and negativity about this story (which is more of a business story) seems out of place.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

JeffPorter wrote:I love this community but one of the things I have always found strange is some people's anger about a beer or brewery solely because it exists.

No "we" don't need another lager but I don't think we ( ie beer wonks) are necessarily the target audience. The beer is designed to be sold after a game of golf. A pale lager seems perfectly reasonable in that setting.

The anger and negativity about this story (which is more of a business story) seems out of place.
Agree. Well said Jeff.