Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What has been your go to, hot weather/camping beer so far?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

irishkyle21

What has been your go to, hot weather/camping beer so far?

Post by irishkyle21 »

I personally have been loving Brooklyn Lager in a can. Vastly prefer it over the bottles. Also digging Paulaner in canned form as well. You guys?
We can get drunker than this!!

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

red racer, and weihenstephaner hefeweissbier which sells out way too fast at the clarkson lcbo > : (

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

^ I'm in the mood for Wheat. The Weihenstephan Dunkel is also not to be overlooked. Don't forget Schneider & Sohn make some killer Weizens.
In Beerum Veritas

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm just biding my time until I can get my hands on some LTM gose's. So when the heat actually hits I'll probably be drinking mostly homebrew saisons, IPAs and that gose.

If I go back country and need to do the can thing, I usually go for a headstock or a crazy canuck.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

For hot weather we've been digging Muskoka Detour and the new Collective Arts beer. Yet to find King Pils in a can, but it was always a go-to in the bottle.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

DDC Solstice D'ete in Gatineau next Monday? Fuck yeah, buddy. That's the beer of summer.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

The last two family camping trips I've been on, my Uncle Bob has brought plastic bottles filled with Everclear he picks up in the states and we mix it with purified water and juice crystals. We also bring Baileys for the morning coffee pot.

Liquor just takes up less space in the canoes. Lightens the portage a little as well.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Detour and Summer Weisse almost exclusively, with a bottle of Saison Dupont thrown in here and there.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Apt question (for me) as I have a week up north coming up soon. Cans an essential. Right now I'm thinking Brooklyn Lager, Publican House Square Nail and maybe Muskoka Cream, though I'd prefer to have something closer to 4% as well. Detour doesn't quite do it for me. If Naughty Neighbour would hurry up and arrive in cans, that would make the list for sure. Oh, and might throw in a few Side Launch Weissbier and Junction Conductors. EDIT: and, finally, plan to audition Jever Pilsner this week based on groulxsome's excellent post in the thread on pilsners.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Red Racer (can) and Saint of Circumstance (bottle) are tops for me....but I often will take along some of the random Euro lagers and lighter beers while camping, just for kicks and variety.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Apocalypse Later.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I guess I'm dull as doornails, but I spent this weekend enjoying lots of Creemore Kellerbier. It just seemed so right in the hot humid sun.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

For camping, cans are a must for me. I usually bring along some mix of:

GLB Canuck
Side Launch Wheat
NB Headstock
King Pils
Steam Whistle
Muskoka Detour
and whatever Tank Ten brews GLB has in the fridge on that particular day (depending on which direction I'm heading out of town).

Also, looking forward to Naughty Neighbour, Side Launch Pale Ale and Dunkel, and Sawdust City Lone Pine (and others) in cans; those'll be solid additions to the list.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Went camping recently and a couple of cans of Grapefruit Radler went along nicely with the beers already mentioned above.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Cass wrote:Went camping recently and a couple of cans of Grapefruit Radler went along nicely with the beers already mentioned above.
The Stiegl? My wife likes that one because she can drink a whole can of it and not be drunk. I don't mind it, but it's more like juice than beer for me. Probably because it's more juice than beer.

So far this year it's been Ayinger Brau-Weisse and fresh Red Racer for me.