Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Porter and Stout release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Has anybody seen any of this yet in the Toronto area? The only one that comes up on the LCBO web site is the Burton Bridge Porter. I also happened to be in the Atrium LCBO yesterday, but nothing there.

midlife crisis

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

The Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout was in the my local Waterloo store the other day (along with a few less interesting others - Beamish, and something else I think).

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yes, I notice that this afternoon the Sam Smith Stout has also come up on the LCBO web site (about 20 stores province-wide, none in Toronto so far).

Regards,
Midlife Crisis

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

I stopped by the LCBO at St. Clair & Keele and not only did they not have any of the Stout & Porter release but when I asked when they thought they would get some in they had never even heard of it. The woman I asked went and asked someone in the back and his answer was "those came out before Xmas and are all sold out". He must have been thinking of the seasonal beers. I'll try again next week.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I successfully purchased some Burton Porter at the Wilson and Bathurst store. The fellow there, who seemed reasonably knowledgable, said they "hoped" to receive more of the release either Tuesday or Friday.

midlife crisis

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Blankboy wrote:
"The woman I asked went and asked someone in the back and his answer was "those came out before Xmas and are all sold out". He must have been thinking of the seasonal beers. I'll try again next week."

I think they forget who their employer is. I stopped at my local store and the employee I approached happily pulled out the release binder to determine what they expected and when they hoped to receive it. Might I suggest that the next time you request an impromptu conversation with the store manager. That generally gets results.

Slainte,
Jeff

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

in the last two days I've been to summerhill, bayview village and the atrium lcbos and there's been nothing out yet. what gives? last year I remember beers in this release comign out before the new year.

kp

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I can tell you that a few of our products are being held up pending resolution of some pricing issues.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

I assume that Storm King is one of the beers that's being held up because of pricing issues. It was featured in Food and Drink at $2.75 per bottle, but is now listed on the LCBO website at $2.40. Either way, that's less than you would pay in Buffalo. I only wish that the LCBO could sort these things out in the month or two that these beers are sitting in their warehouse, not when the beers are supposed to be out on the shelves. I can age my beer in my own cellar, thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatsheaf on 2004-01-13 16:32 ]</font>

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

The O'Hara's Celtic Stout and Victory Storm King Imperial Stout are available at the Dufferin and Dupont LCBO in the Galleria Mall.
Cheers, and Happy Hunting.

Doug

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

At this point, it looks like London and Ottawa are making out like bandits from a quantity point of view.

Slainte,
Jeff

SirIsm

Post by SirIsm »

Cleared Summerhill out of 12 storm king on Friday night...don't worry there is still a goodly number there. No sign of any other release though.

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

Still absolutely nothing downtown Toronto. And I don't mean just the porter and stout release -- I mean NOTHING. There's no Fuller's London Porter, no more winter seasonals, no more gift packs, no nothing. It's been a sad few weeks.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2004-01-17 00:10, Blankboy wrote:
Still absolutely nothing downtown Toronto. And I don't mean just the porter and stout release -- I mean NOTHING. There's no Fuller's London Porter, no more winter seasonals, no more gift packs, no nothing. It's been a sad few weeks.
The Spadina & Dundas and Atrium stores both have a few of the winter seasonals and some gift packs available. Or they did a few days ago, at least.

You're right about the Fuller's. I've been to a few different stores in the last couple of weeks, and it's been out of stock at all of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GregClow on 2004-01-17 01:09 ]</font>

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Was just at the Cooper Street Store and they had a handful of giftpacks including Orval, Maredsous and Petrus. No fullers porter though.
Colin