Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Glasses

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

ercousin wrote:I really like these: http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 991674--24

Got them on sale for 2 for $15 back in the winter.
Funny it's called a "stemmed pilsner"; it's not much of a 'traditional' pils glass and I'm pretty sure that's the Founders KBS glass.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

lister wrote:For branded beer glasses I've bought some off eBay.

Anyone know where to get some of these at a good price:

I got a glencairn glass last year and while I like it, I did a side-by-side with a brandy snifter. Taste was the exact same, but I actually like the aromas I got from the snifter more than the glencairn, so I mostly use those now.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

FEUO wrote:Define "gems"? Pre 1990 Duvel glasses? or old Labatt shakers?
Well maybe gem was the wrong word. I haven't got anything super rare or exotic at a thrift store. But most of my go-to glasses that I really enjoy using.

Of course you have to sift through a lot of junk, but I've found snifters and wine glasses of all sizes, Duvels, chalices, a matching set of 8 unbranded tulips, all under $1 apiece. I don't have a lot of cupboard space to I usually have to restrain myself.

Most recently I picked up this nice pilsner glass for 50¢, still has the made in Germany sticker on the bottom.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'd like to find a very old Orval glass from when they had the really wide-banded silver rim. Might be hard to find an old one without silver worn away.
Says "the lettering looks like enamel."
In Beerum Veritas

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Before the end of October we hope to hold a one day sale of numerous brands of glassware, signs, umbrellas, t-shirts and coasters. We need to clear out our warehouse and we'll have some fantastic prices, a fraction of what you'd pay on ebay and many hard to find oddities like Pauwel Kwak's wood stand glasses. It'll be on a Saturday. We'll keep you posted.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

esprit wrote:Before the end of October we hope to hold a one day sale of numerous brands of glassware, signs, umbrellas, t-shirts and coasters. We need to clear out our warehouse and we'll have some fantastic prices, a fraction of what you'd pay on ebay and many hard to find oddities like Pauwel Kwak's wood stand glasses. It'll be on a Saturday. We'll keep you posted.
Please do.
Thanks Peter.

cheechonaleash

Post by cheechonaleash »

ercousin wrote:I really like these: http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 991674--24

Got them on sale for 2 for $15 back in the winter.
I remember seeing those at Crate and Barrel in Mississauga for $5-$10 each.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

esprit wrote:Before the end of October we hope to hold a one day sale of numerous brands of glassware, signs, umbrellas, t-shirts and coasters. We need to clear out our warehouse and we'll have some fantastic prices, a fraction of what you'd pay on ebay and many hard to find oddities like Pauwel Kwak's wood stand glasses. It'll be on a Saturday. We'll keep you posted.
sounds great!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote:I'd like to find a very old Orval glass from when they had the really wide-banded silver rim. Might be hard to find an old one without silver worn away.
Says "the lettering looks like enamel."
there are 2 glasses i'm missing from my collection.
the old Orval glass is one.
and the Oerbier glass (to replace the one i broke) is the other.

least used beer glasses in my collection? the witbier glasses

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

I'm all for Spiegelau glasses. Best glassware ever. They have a craft beer pack that has a tulip, weissebeir, and pint. You can get them at The Bay, I think, and other places.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Some of my favourite glasses have come from gift packs from the LCBO.

Samuel Smith has stood the test of time... With Graphics still intact. It's a lot like the early cask days glasses, though you can barely read mine anymore. Those are my standard beer glasses.

I really liked the Jacobsen dark lager glass. It was really solid and great for heavy sippers like imperial stouts. Sadly mine was just broken.

I've got some wheat beer glasses and probably a dozen or so different belgian styles.

I still have a few shaker pints that I mainly use outdoors... They're solid.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Hopefully that Schumacher glass is still going. I had to just pick up a replacement last month while I was in Germany. Also got a Füschen and a Frankenheim.

I love my Allagash

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I've used the Schumacher, but generally keep it with my prized German steins.

Man, I haven't had a good alt in a long time.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

I haven't updated my list.... but I think I still need to drop about 50 glasses. Waaaaayyyy too many. No shakers. Strictly stemware. Strictly craft brewers from US and a couple from Canadia.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Bust my Maredsous glass the other night, It was a taller, more fluted style than the goblet one in the more recent gift packs :(
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole