Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Recommended brewpubs / brewery stores in the GTA?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

If you do head north to Barrie for Flying Monkeys, then you must also visit Barnstormer. Their beers aren't widely available and they have a good 8-10 on tap, lots of IPAs usually.

The new Sawdust City digs are very impressive and worth a visit.

The guys are 5 Paddles in Whitby are worth watching too, always new stuff there.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Sawdust City in Gravenhurst is about 2 hours north of Toronto (depending on traffic and the weights in your shoes). They don't yet have much variety in canned format that isn't widely available on draft, although they do have an interesting selection on in their "saloon".

Definitely check Indie for what they have in bombers and growlers, probably the second most diverse retail lineup in Toronto after Bellwoods.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Winged

Post by Winged »

Awesome!
I may have read about that they were starting a brewery in Whitby, but I had totally forgot about it.

Huge thanks for all suggestions so far :D

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

If you go to either Indie or Junction then you might as well go to the other as they're fairly close to each other.
lister

Winged

Post by Winged »

Yeah, I noticed. I am setting waypoints on Google maps :wink:

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

liamt07 wrote: Granite does the best English style ales in Toronto FWIW, so check 'em out for a few pints if you have time.
Yeah - most consistent cask, too. Their "regular" IPA (not Hopping Mad) on cask is next to perfect.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

JeffPorter wrote:
liamt07 wrote: Granite does the best English style ales in Toronto FWIW, so check 'em out for a few pints if you have time.
Yeah - most consistent cask, too. Their "regular" IPA (not Hopping Mad) on cask is next to perfect.
As good as it gets in Toronto, for what it is.