Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Goose Island 2014 BC series release buffalo

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

So did anyone go to Buffalo today for this?

Curious to see if the frenzy was in Buff as was in some of the other parts of the U.S. It really is amazing to see such enthusiasm on a national scale. I guess this puts to bed the Budweiser debate :)

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

Can't say I did. I was unable to get time off as I started a new job, and my buddy decided it wasn't worth it for one person, as we would have to split whatever he brought back. Sounds like it wasn't worth it.

I'll be going down next weekend to see whats left over (probably nothing). They did mention that it is less crazy if you're not near the canadian border.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
instantkamera wrote: Lots of people actually yelling at the manager for "holding bottles" (they weren't) and having limits (whatever).
I won't get in to the details here, but I have had some major issues with the beer manager at Premier in the past. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Here is as good a place as any. I've heard a tonne of bad things about VBM (charging huge markups on stuff he knows he has that others don't, shit talking other shops in the area, etc). That's not to say others haven't had the same at Premier.

If you have legitimate consumer complaints, please share them.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

i WAS going until a work emergency came up trashing my morning. my plan of getting there around 7 though might've been a bit extreme if people were just showing up at 8. reading the hysterical accounts on BA made me think getting there before sunrise was the only way to secure the meager allotment.

oh well, this stuff seems to be around for months in the weirdest spots so hopefully i'll stumble upon some 2014 in my travels or trading for it 6 months from now seems to be really easy.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I got both the BCBS and barleywine off the shelf in March 2014 when I was in Las Vegas

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

spinrsx wrote:I got both the BCBS and barleywine off the shelf in March 2014 when I was in Las Vegas
haha, yep, that's what i'm saying. 4 pack of regular and barley wine in october in nyc. in hindsight i should've bought double what i had, but i didn't know how heavy it would be in my luggage!

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Scored a couple 4 packs of bcbs, a couple coffee and barleywine... got dinged for duty; looks like they were pulling everyone over for black friday xborder shopping.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

cveerman wrote:Scored a couple 4 packs of bcbs, a couple coffee and barleywine... got dinged for duty; looks like they were pulling everyone over for black friday xborder shopping.
details man! what time did you get there? how much were they charging for stuff?

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Arrived at premier with my brother for 8am was 4th in line.

4 pack, a coffee and a xocoveza around $30 for the 4 pack not sure about the rest.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

cveerman wrote:Scored a couple 4 packs of bcbs, a couple coffee and barleywine... got dinged for duty; looks like they were pulling everyone over for black friday xborder shopping.
must have hit a Consumers, I have heard the same reports.

Apparently (2nd hand hearsay), two dudes split the entire allotment at Wegman's.
ckoop wrote:haha, yep, that's what i'm saying. 4 pack of regular and barley wine in october in nyc. in hindsight i should've bought double what i had, but i didn't know how heavy it would be in my luggage!
The thing is, if you are the sort who gets around a lot, it's really not worth the added hassle on release day.
There's the random scores at a later date, but also lots of bars that tap rare shit from time to time, festivals that do the same, bottle shares in different places you can take part in, and the fact that you are just generally exposed to more awesome beer so who cares if you don't get a 12oz bottle or two of BC.

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Wegmans and Village had caps no one got more than one x 4 pack.

I hit consumers but they had not received their shipment; they said around noon they should have some.

beerguykw

Post by beerguykw »

cveerman wrote:Arrived at premier with my brother for 8am was 4th in line.

4 pack, a coffee and a xocoveza around $30 for the 4 pack not sure about the rest.
was there any more Xocoveza?

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

premier had a couple cases of xococeva

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

cveerman wrote:Arrived at premier with my brother for 8am was 4th in line.

Cool, thanks. So the frenzy hasn't reached wny it seems.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

lined up at binnys with the woman at 4am this morning - even by then I think the line had eclipsed what it had at 8am last year. based on the number we had and numbers they were calling at the raffle later on, there were at least 800 people there. you really got the sense that the GI staff appreciated the turn out - at least sympathised with everyone.

the limit was 1x4 bcs and any other two variants. attended the GI tasting at 12, very enjoyable. vanilla and coffee are stunning.

the couple of hours at local option were great too.. time for bed now!